I know I need to get over him. But how do I do this? Sometimes it's advice from complete strangers that can help so much. Please some advice..

Hey guys, and girls. I always go to my friends for advice, but lately they have run out of options themselves and aren't really helping with my situation. Were all in the same boat together, and I'm hoping maybe some of you can help me out. It would be very kind of you to take some time and read ahead, and offer some helpful advice. I'm in a bad rut. My ex boyfriend and I broke up last August. My ex was very unfaithful, ignorant and rude towards me. We were BEYOND perfect the first few months of dating. We were together a long time. I was a good girlfriend. Never nagged at him, and always tried to be there when times were tough. Well by the time August hit, I had enough of his sh*t. We had yet another big fight, and to get back at him I cheated. I told him the very next day, and of course we broke up. Cheating is not something I ever did before. I was at a breaking point, Since then, to now. My reputation obviously hit rock bottom, my ex went on to new and better things. And I didn't. After awhile we began seeing each other again, but it never worked, he kept being his regular old self that he was back in our relationship. Awhile ago we tried yet again, he told he missed me, he was so sweet, and I thought maybe this time it would work. Well long story short he started getting ignorant for no reason again, and a friend came to me and told me he was sleeping with another girl, while seeing me again. I snapped, called him, told him what I thought of him and hung up. My question to you, why is he like this. He was unfaithful to me, along with his other ex girlfriend ( a good friend to me) of 4 years. Why is he the way he is, why can't he see that I do love him. I'm so hurt, I don't know what to do. I know I need to get over him. But how do I do this, without seeing other guys. Or what can I do to make him come back. Please some advice. Thank you...
4
6