Men: Does religion matter to you in dating/courtship?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• She must at the very least be a letsist (unspecified belief in some sort of after life)--for us to be on the same page in what life means to us--but I couldn't care less if she was an atheist, agnostic, deist, theist, or part of any specific religion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all & I consider myself a man of faith. However my disdain for organized religion and open minded nature puts me in a place where I not only don't care about her faith but I would convert for the right one

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It does matter to me even though I'm not a man. I'm non-religious, non-spiritual, but I have nothing against people who are religious. I'm not atheist either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I suppose this depends on how much a priority religion is for me. Since it's a big priority , I would much rather someone who shares these values. It's like considering marriage. Why would you date someone who doesn't ever want to get married despite the fact that you do? To change their belief? You have to pay attention to core values to ensure compatibility.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 45

• Absolutely. A woman lacking insight and discernment is prone to quarrels, and will never see the forest for a speck of dust on top of one mushroom at the hilt of one tree.

A woman without wisdom is dangerous in all she does.

A woman with purpose enhances a man's while he enhances hers. An aimless buffoon destroys her man.

0|0
    2|0
  • As long as she isn't preachy about believing or not believing it doesn't matter to me. We might have some issues when it comes to kids cause I dont want to raise them into a religion, not even my own, but that's about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • If its for a serious thing such as marriage then yes, cause if you plan on having kids then the kid would grow up confused on which to believe, his mother believes one thing and the father another, it would be better if both parents believe in one thing and they both show the kid their believe and when he grows he can choose weither to believe or believe in something else or in nothing

0|0
    0|0
  • Not particularly but it does bring up some tension which is why I prefer to date atheists even though I’m not.

But if the girl of my dreams believe in Christianity or something , then it’s a small sacrifice for happiness

0|0
    0|0
  • No. We can each have our own religious beliefs, most of the time as far as relationship they won't collide as most people would lead you to believe

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, a highly religious or close minded personality is typically a turn off as far as relationships go. I enjoy conversations that push a person's beliefs, and I think that if a person is unwilling to consider a controversial proposition concerning religion, then it makes the whole thing much more dull.

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't matter to me as long as she doesn't keep trying to talk me into believing their god or joining their religion, had those arguments in the past with ex gfs, it was pretty annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I also believe the religion of Christianity and it's God are pro-submission and in theory opposed to any category of rebellion.

But for relationships, I don't know but I guess I lean to being able to accept.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, the girl I date needs to have a similar belief system to mine. I want someone who supports me in by life choices, and vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
  • not to me, but personally I prefer if it didn't even come into any relationship i was involved in, been there with an ex, never want to again

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Yes if they're too preachy or want me to change for them

0|1
    0|0
  • To SOME. Which is the same answer for ANYTHING beginning with "guys/ girls, do you like?".

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally yes. I don’t want to be with someone that doesn’t like my faith.

0|0
    0|0
  • It only matters if that guy values religion and if he doesn’t than it wouldn’t matter to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but if there are highly religious or intensely anti-religion, it may be a problem

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as he respects my beliefs and doesn't try to force his beliefs on me, it won't matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a girl but I'll butt in. I'd rather date a non believer.

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't date anyone extremely religious

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I can’t be with a very religious person

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes