Why does he always ask me to text him first?

I know that this guy is into me (and he knows I’m into him too), but he clearly wants me to make the first move. Why?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Hard to say with such little information. But some people operate on this power dynamic where they think they're in control if they're the ones being chased. I've known a lot of girls that do this and it's infuriating but whatever. Personally, I think if you want to talk to someone you just do it. Doesn't matter who texts who first or if you double text or any of that high school nonsense. But that's just me.

• because he doesn't want to feel like he's annoying you.

What Girls Said 1

• It could be that he's shy and doesn't have much confidence. Maybe he will start making the move. Does he make effort to continue the texting convo or is all the effort placed on you? It will get frustrating after a while for you when you're always texting first because then you're going to wonder if he really wants to text with you and is still interested. I've dealt with that with a guy. I liked him a lot. He seemed to like me too but I got frustrated because he never contacted me first. I always had to text him otherwise I'd never hear from him and it became like pulling teeth to get any kind of conversation with him. Eventually I gave up on contacting him. I like when a guy will take the initiative sometimes and contact me first.