Was he trying to make me jealous?

We dated (past tense) but i won't get into details and i ended up ending everything. I stopped posting on my social media because i felt like me checking who viewed my stories became toxic especially me checking if he did which is nothing new.

I remember being insecure because he had female friends and i felt uncomfortable about it but overtime it didn't bother me. Immediately he tried to clarify my confusion but i still don't trust anyone (when we dated). Fast forward to now, I began posting again and the cycle continued but this time since he rarely posts on snap he posted a picture of him and two girls "he was in the middle" i did not click on the video but i saw the preview. A day later he messages me on snapchat trying to start a conversation, again !

What was his motive? Honestly,

13