Do you still feel betrayed if your SO sleeps with someone else in a time when you were broken up?

I don't know if its just me and Idc. I think its wrong to fuck another person if you intend on getting back together with your partner. If a guy is still in love with me and I'm in love with him and we broke up over something stupid then sleeping with another person immediately after a breakup seems like they are just siezing an opportunity they wanted all along, which was to fuck somebody else. And then as soon as they do it they come bacm to the ex girlfriend or ex boyfriend and try to work it out. If you love somebody for real the title "broken up" won't be a pass to go behind their backs and hurt them more. Either you work it out or if you know its over THEN go and fuck somebody else. But if you intend on being with them still sleeping with other people is trashy

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• We broke up for three years and she fucked 9 other men. She broke up with me. It still fucking haunts me to think about it and makes me sick to my stomach. I ran into one of the guys she fucked at my work and it was the most humiliating experience of my life. I don’t think she’ll ever know the damage she’s caused, but I can’t hold it over her because we were broken up. It took her a year for her to date again, so it wasn’t right after. I normally don’t care about a girls count on he slightest, but it just has to do that she was able to choose all of them over me after we had already fallen in love. I honestly can’t even tell you how hard it has been to get past this, but it’s gotten better.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you intend on getting back with your ex and the ex sleeps around then it’s a sleezebag move to do really fucked up to do that to someone else even if technically you are broken up (depending on how long you two were broken up for before deciding to get back together)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• To me, it makes no sense to break up and then "intend to get back together." That's still a break up. So logically, I would know that if we were broken up then they didn't cheat and they have the right to do what they want. Emotionally however, I would still be very upset about it. Our heart doesn't always match what our mind says. Just because I'm broken up with someone doesn't mean the feelings magically go away. So I don't think I would feel "betrayed" necessarily but I would definitely feel sad and heartbroken.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• If they do that then they were already emotionally cheating while in the relationship if they get together with someone immediately after a break up.
    And people that break up and get back together often aren't emotionally mature enough to be in a lasting relationship.
    If I break up with someone it is because something happened to make me not like or respect them anymore and it is a permanent break up. I never get back together with someone, and I don't stay friends with them either.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve never gotten back with anyone after a breakup, but there was a situation where we needed time after a big fight, but we agreed to not break up because we still had strong feelings for each other. We got back together, and she told me that during the months that we weren’t talking much, she hooked up once with a guy I knew. I felt hurt, and I never got over it, but I never said anything. I felt there was no point in doing that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I understand the feeling and the emotional response but brocken up is not together, so there can be no cause for complaint.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is just a sign they are not as interested in you as you might have thought but this breaking up and then wanting to get back together is a fail anyway. Once you break up that should be the end of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but you aren't the only person who gets upset about stuff like that. It doesn't bother me though, because obviously she wasn't intending on anything one way or the other when she slept with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I totally agree with you. That would piss me off too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, you probably would. I'm less sure as to whether you're justified, feeling that way, but it's human nature.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's right after breaking up then yeah I would. I'd say you should wait a few weeks to sleep with someone else. But after a while, you aren't dating anymore so you need to let go

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'm an emotional being and not a very logical one which is kind of depressing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I agree with you 100% there

0|1
    0|0
  • more like disgusted.

0|1
    0|0
  • l would then not ever take her back

0|0
    0|0
  • If the intention of both, was that they would get back together, than I would consider it cheating, if he/she has sex with someone else during a broken off time.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• You broke up for a reason. If they have sex with someone as soon as you broke up then they prove you right for breaking up with them. It would hurt but I see it as a blessing.

0|0
    0|0
  • The age old question... can you sleep with someone while on a break...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oEn9YvJ3Gfg

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's wrong. I'd think he was looking for an opportunity to have sex with someone else without feeling guilty about "cheating".

0|0
    0|0
  • thats really scummy of him

0|0
    0|0
  • Agree, I would feel betrayed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't feel betrayed but I surely wouldn't desperately screw myself with someone new especially if my feelings were real and If I was in an exclusive relationship before the break up.
    If the other one does, it says a lot about his personal values weither he is a man or she is a woman. I broke up with my ex 5 months ago and haven't slept with anyone. Not because I don't feel sexual but because, sex to me is now too intimate and the next one should be my lover for good :)

0|0
    0|0
  • If he broke up with me just to have sex with someone else and then get back together yes it’s cheating

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes