Do you still feel betrayed if your SO sleeps with someone else in a time when you were broken up?

I don't know if its just me and Idc. I think its wrong to fuck another person if you intend on getting back together with your partner. If a guy is still in love with me and I'm in love with him and we broke up over something stupid then sleeping with another person immediately after a breakup seems like they are just siezing an opportunity they wanted all along, which was to fuck somebody else. And then as soon as they do it they come bacm to the ex girlfriend or ex boyfriend and try to work it out. If you love somebody for real the title "broken up" won't be a pass to go behind their backs and hurt them more. Either you work it out or if you know its over THEN go and fuck somebody else. But if you intend on being with them still sleeping with other people is trashy

815

Most Helpful Guys

• We broke up for three years and she fucked 9 other men. She broke up with me. It still fucking haunts me to think about it and makes me sick to my stomach. I ran into one of the guys she fucked at my work and it was the most humiliating experience of my life. I don’t think she’ll ever know the damage she’s caused, but I can’t hold it over her because we were broken up. It took her a year for her to date again, so it wasn’t right after. I normally don’t care about a girls count on he slightest, but it just has to do that she was able to choose all of them over me after we had already fallen in love. I honestly can’t even tell you how hard it has been to get past this, but it’s gotten better.

• If you intend on getting back with your ex and the ex sleeps around then it’s a sleezebag move to do really fucked up to do that to someone else even if technically you are broken up (depending on how long you two were broken up for before deciding to get back together)

Most Helpful Girl

• To me, it makes no sense to break up and then "intend to get back together." That's still a break up. So logically, I would know that if we were broken up then they didn't cheat and they have the right to do what they want. Emotionally however, I would still be very upset about it. Our heart doesn't always match what our mind says. Just because I'm broken up with someone doesn't mean the feelings magically go away. So I don't think I would feel "betrayed" necessarily but I would definitely feel sad and heartbroken.