Are guys needy towards women they like?

My guy friend told me that every guy is emotional needy towards women they really like. They will want to talk a lot or spend a lot of time with her. If he is not , either he is good at pretending or he isn't that into you , do you agree?

1972

Most Helpful Guys

• ... Eh... I think it's more like every guy goes through TIMES where he's emotionally needy with his one and only. Mature men actually don't have a lot of people to actually open up to and learn not to trust, especially women, easily with their deepest feelings. (That's not a slight on women, by the way, it's just that other men don't have ability to break a hetero guy's heart like a woman does, and once it's happened once, a man is forever more guarded). Thus the need to actually be vulnerable does build up on a guy sometimes. We all need it, but there are variants about how much and how often we need it from our woman.

More than anything, most men need respect and to be viewed as masculine from our women, which is why a lot of us will actually be very emotionally closed off with them rather than let ourselves be vulnerable and risk ruining that image.

• Usually no, but it hard to not seem needy! It is hard to find balance because so many people judge unfairly. Men are usually afraid to come off needy and end up being distant or jerks, or afraid to come off as distant and end up looking needy. It is more about perceptions than anything else

Most Helpful Girls

• Everyone is on thier own independant and codependent scale, so it varies person to person. See how they interact normally and what makes thier interactions you diffrent from them. Just dont get someone too far on either side of scale, preferably closer to where you are at. And yes, guys should open up to you if the relationship is healthy

• I think it's true. I've seen a lot of guys who like their girls, do a lot of things to spend time with her or even get a little bit of her attention.