Are guys needy towards women they like?

My guy friend told me that every guy is emotional needy towards women they really like. They will want to talk a lot or spend a lot of time with her. If he is not , either he is good at pretending or he isn't that into you , do you agree?

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• ... Eh... I think it's more like every guy goes through TIMES where he's emotionally needy with his one and only. Mature men actually don't have a lot of people to actually open up to and learn not to trust, especially women, easily with their deepest feelings. (That's not a slight on women, by the way, it's just that other men don't have ability to break a hetero guy's heart like a woman does, and once it's happened once, a man is forever more guarded). Thus the need to actually be vulnerable does build up on a guy sometimes. We all need it, but there are variants about how much and how often we need it from our woman.

More than anything, most men need respect and to be viewed as masculine from our women, which is why a lot of us will actually be very emotionally closed off with them rather than let ourselves be vulnerable and risk ruining that image.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually no, but it hard to not seem needy! It is hard to find balance because so many people judge unfairly. Men are usually afraid to come off needy and end up being distant or jerks, or afraid to come off as distant and end up looking needy. It is more about perceptions than anything else

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Everyone is on thier own independant and codependent scale, so it varies person to person. See how they interact normally and what makes thier interactions you diffrent from them. Just dont get someone too far on either side of scale, preferably closer to where you are at. And yes, guys should open up to you if the relationship is healthy

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's true. I've seen a lot of guys who like their girls, do a lot of things to spend time with her or even get a little bit of her attention.

3|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 70

• 100% agree.
    Dude knows what he's talking about.
    As soon as my dick goes in a woman I want to make her breakfast and lie together for the entire morning. And... ever.
    But then I'm also just a really hopeless romantic who doesn't like casual sex.

1|1
    0|1
    • No you're just a SIMP, once my dick goes in a woman im going home after or she's leaving no food, no cuddles, no hug i want space

• Show All
    • @Fuentes You're a special kind of stupid.

• U maad im about that life n u not haha laaaame

• I disagree. It depends on the individual's temperament. Some naturally tend to clingyness and some naturally tend to distantness--regardless of how interested they are.

There is also no shame in either, it's only a matter of finding a compatible partner.

0|2
    0|0
  • Whenever "every guy" or every girl" is used, it usually misses the mark, as there is such variation in people and personalities, that many things that work for one person, may not for another. In general, if a guy likes a girl, he will want to spend time with her and talking to her. And it's normal, for anyone who likes someone more than average, to have some emotional needs re. them. It can be just friendship type needs, or romantic needs, depending on the type of relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Simple

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I agree 100%. With my girlfriend we take turns being needy :D But generally if a guy likes a girl, they want to spend more time with them and get their attention more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if i'd word it as needy. Maybe we want your approval. I would imagine it's not a lot different then what women feel when they find a guy attractive. You get really inquisitive and want to know all they can about the person. You want any sign she feels the same about you that you do about her. i can see how that can be construed as needy.

0|0
    0|0
  • That may shock you but... men are people too !!! When we are into someone we can spend hours talking with that person or just beeing on her side. We do not have to fake it : this is just the way we are.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope... they are definitely needy to the person tgey like. Even the best ones fail to pretend always.

1|1
    0|0
  • I mean every guy is different. I know people who kind of just gaze at the girls they like from afar. But for me I tend to get emotionally clingy to the people I care about. Especially when distance becomes an issue in terms of trying to stay involved with what is happening in their life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, its the same. The more I start liking a girl, the more I want to open up to her and talk to her more often and spend more time with her. But even though I feel like doing all those things, I avoid being "needy" that way, as I believe that brings down the attraction from the girl's side.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• Seeking conversation from a person youike is not needy. Connection is a need humans have. Being needy is pathological over exaggeration of a normal need. Fulfilling needs is healthy not pathological.

I don’t think people are needy just bc they like someone. I think having needs met and needy , are too easily and too often interchanged in the English language.

1|0
    0|0
    • I think seeing a person spending a lot of time with a live internet , is just the execution of having anesthesia met that has always been there , just there was no one they trusted with it.

• Yes it's true. If I'm away he would call to check up on what I'm doing. If I'm busy with something he would ask me to watch a movie with him lol.

The list is long but yes he tries to catch my attention when my plans doesn't include him.

To me it's cute to be honest

0|3
    0|0
  • True! If a guy likes you, he'll have time to at least write one line text message. He will initiate stuff. He'll do romantic things for you. If he doesn't, he's not into you for sure.

Guys go to any length to please the woman they really really like. If they don't, they're lying to both themselves and you

How many times did you see a guy saying "oh I'm not into romantic/cheesy things" and later did cheesy af things for a girl he dated after your break-up? I'm sure a lot.

0|1
    0|1
  • I wouldn't say they're all necessarily needy, but they will put in the time and effort to be around a girl they like and want to be around her as often as possible. All men go about this differently though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I once dated a very emotionally needy guy and it drove me away very fast. In hindsight, it probably wasn’t the worst thing -but soon in a relationship I hate when guys are clingy

1|1
    0|0
  • I had experienced this with one guy who was attracted to me, but I think all guys are different. It depends on that individual

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are clingy to a fault if they really like you yes.

1|0
    0|0
    • Is that bad? I can see how too much too soon can be stifling but you see how this can be confusing to men. Don't show enough interest "he doesn't like me" show too much "he's clingy". lol All we know is our feelings like you women and act on them as such.

• Show All
    • lol exactly! Now you know why guys get exasperated with women "I can’t say for certain. Women including myself don’t really know how to explain too much attention until we’re already irritated" In other words i won't tell you to back off. i'll just get pissed off one day. I'm not trying to throw you words back at you and i'm not arguing. I'm just trying to make the point that if you can't communicate what you're feelings that leaves the guy with guessing and odds are he's going to guess wrong. especially if he's bad at picking up on non-verbal communication.

• You are correct! Sometimes I fear speaking up will hurt his feelings and he’ll back wayyyyy off. Other times I see myself as ungrateful for such a man with enthusiasm towards seeing me. ☹️

• I wish I could find a cute needy guy that loves me

1|0
    0|0
  • it depends, some guys are

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes