Why do some (actually many) guys spread rumours about girls they dated/ slept with or were rejected by?

Now those who are about to get butt hurt as if I'm accusing them, I'm not! it's a general question, about GUYS WHO DO THAT, so share whatever you know/ think about this issue, and those who are impatiently waiting to tell me girls do it too, everyone knows this is more of a guy thing! And anyways, please stick to the question...

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I think, it's hurt pride. Something that scratched their ego (do I need to point out that I don't ever do or did this?). In a way, I believe that the tendency to do what you have described in your question is visible right from the beginning; from a lady's point of view I dare to say that she knew it.

1|0
    0|0
  • The guys want to make themselves look virile and manly, and as good or better than the other guys. So, they make up stories, lies, to boost their standing among the other guys. And some guys just simply have difficulty sticking with the truth.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not so much spreading rumours. The rumour is a consequence. What it is, guys like to brag and show other dudes they can score which increases their social worth.

1|0
    0|0
  • Same reasons a shit ton of girls start rumors about guys they don't know for no reason...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Cause they can't move on so they ruin your reputation so that u can't get with any other guy

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes