Why do married men who love you stay in miserable marriages?

Story of my life... falling in love with married men who fall in love with me... but stay in a marriage where there is no passion, little intimacy and certainly no real love... what I hear is: for the children... for the family... for my parents... for my career... for the money... etc... etc... etc... don't guys have integrity? and the courage to choose happiness?

1034

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Stop falling in love with married men. Stay away from them. If you start seeing a man & find out he's married, dump him, & if you're seeking out married men, stop it, because all you're acting like is a homewrecker who's trying to take a man away from his family.

2) I'm willing to bet so much here that these men are telling you everything they know you want to hear, just so you'll buy their crap & sleep with them. They'll feed you a line of shit about how their lives are miserable yet they don't want to leave because X, Y, Z--that means they're either lying through their teeth (EXTREMELY LIKELY) or they want you to feel sorry for them. Either way, it's to get in your pants. Most of the time men who cheat will never leave their families, because it's secure & because hell, THIS IS THEIR FAMILY. You mean nothing to them, you're just a side piece. As screwed up as they must be to cheat on their wives, they still married her, & even if there is no love there whatsoever, they will almost always stay for their kids. Plus, divorces are messy & often favor women, so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot by leaving their wives, ESPECIALLY if the wives find out about an affair, because then they become vengeful & will want to take the man to the cleaners for everything he has, as recompense for hurting them & ruining their families. Any man who willingly goes through with leaving his family for a side piece is stupid, simple as that, but that won't stop them from telling you they want to leave, because it convinces you that they love you when they're really just using you.

3) Integrity? Courage to find happiness? Are you kidding me? Do you seriously consider these good traits, ESPECIALLY in this context? Imagine you were dating a married man, & he decided he would leave his wife & children for YOU. He marries you, abandons his former family--then what? Ever heard of "if he cheats with you, he'll cheat on you"? If a man is capable of abandoning his wife and children like that, he'll easily do the same to you, because the first time is hardest & after that, they don't care as much.

Plus, WHY WOULD YOU CONDONE THIS? Would you really want a man to be "happy" if it meant leaving his CHILDREN behind, who need their father, or his wife, to whom he pledged his love? That's selfish of him, shows he has NO INTEGRITY, & shows how selfish YOU are for wanting that. You're a homewrecking whore, plain and simple, if you continue this sort of behavior.

• *LOL* Great reply. Thank you. I'm not seeking married men; indeed, I walk if I hear they are married. The problem is that I often don't find out until months into the relationship. Men lie and, yes, I'm naive. I always tell the truth up front because, if there's not honesty, there's no real relationship.

• Thank you, Sis... no need to apologize... I didn't take offense... I took your words are fair comment.

• Well, thank you for MHO. I hope a decent guy comes your way next time around--good Lord knows there aren't a whole lot left.