If a girl rejects a guy and he remains friendly, what does that suggest?

Was he never really that interested?
Is he just being mature & respectful?
Is he thinking future options can be kept open?
Etc etc...

(Some context: they can’t be together currently and he knows she liked him before but couldn’t agree to anything casual because of developing feelings.)

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Some guys understand and are fine with it. Others flip their shiz and go calling her ho ho ho. It doesn't mean much really. Of course guys consider their options and like to keep them open but for the most part he's just like okay then.
    Also some guys don't want to seem like it meant the world to them so they're like "I'm not even mad doe"

1|0
    0|0
  • It means he is probably a decent guy that isn't going to treat you nicely "only" because he wants to get inside your panties.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what he is expecting to come from it. Maybe he does just want a friend. Maybe he just wants you to keep being nice to him/emotionally there for him. To be honest, I've had guys "pretend" to be respectful of my decision not to date them; but then pounce later on when I'm feeling more vulnerable. Not every guy does this, but some do see it as a 'waiting' game. Guys who accept it without missing a beat, make me a little nervous now.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I can see that happening too

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• a girl rejected me, i didn't mind it, if it's a no and she says yes it wouldn't have worked out anyways so i don't mind it.
    we were awkward for like 6 months up until recently when we could actually start talking normally again.

1|0
    0|0
  • FRIENDZONE ALERT I REPEAT. YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE FRIENDZONE.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not necessarily

• Show All
    • I dont think he's bad but i feel like you haven't rejected him strongly enough

• Well I haven’t been mean, he knows where I stand on the reasons why so maybe that’s why.

• I fell in love with my best friend which is a girl and she turned me down she's dating as of now I am having the time of my life trying to get back up she refused to step out of my life and I don't know how to let go fml

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't have to be an either or thing. It could be all of the above.

1|0
    0|0
  • It could either of Options 2 or 3. I am close friends with an ex, so it's possible to respect each other and just be friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • If a guy remains friendly it means that he still likes you but wants to also keep your friendship together.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy maybe he respects her wishes maybe he thinks they still have a chance there is no way to know

1|0
    0|0
  • What would you like him to do? Toss you around on anger lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Its probably because he still has feelings for the girl but he's respecting her wishes by being her friend instead 👌

1|0
    0|0
  • That it wasent a big deal and he'd rather it not be aqwared and most importantly that he dosent hate u for it'

1|0
    0|0
  • He might still like you or he's just trying to be friendly

1|0
    0|0
  • He is holding onto hope for a future relationship happening. I'm in that position sadly

1|0
    0|0
  • Thinking something is better than nothing and they respect and value you a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • Could be any one of those, or a combination of two, or some other thing entirely.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never burn a bridge.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why not?

• Show All
    • Go on...

• He's just trying to keep everything on good terms in case a future opportunity presents itself. Even if its not with you, you might help set him up with one of your hot friends. So he wants to stay on your good side.

• He wants to remain friends. Don't let him down

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s all good. His friendship is appreciated too.

• Show All
    • Yeah I know, I don’t believe in that either, you can be honest whilst being compassionate. It’s only fair to help someone move on.

• Indeed if that is how you think. I know people who lied about getting engaged, or married to reject the other person instead of straight truth.
      Some even went on to mock the other person by saying things like he is taller than you (a lie to its core). Or first showing interest and then making it look like the confessor came after the other person.
      This is amusing but sadly it happened to a friend so I felt bad about it

• Do you expect him to be a jerk as a result? Lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Many are, so that’s pretty much the learned experience.

• That he's not 12

4|1
    0|0
  • It tells me he has no self respect.

0|0
    1|0
    • He does though

• If I really want to date a girl and she rejects me, which is her right then
      I don't want anything further to do with her. I just say. "I not looking for anymore friends. I'm looking for a relationship. And my feelings are too strong to just be friends. If you want more, then we'll roll the dice. If not, adios". Walk away and never, ever speak to her again.

• in my opinion any man who accepts LJBF is a Momma's boy faggot orbiter.

• I say he's still hoping

1|0
    0|0
  • Either extremely patient or keeping a door open

1|0
    0|0
  • That's she still look good... Possibly in Public?

1|0
    0|0
  • It could be any of the 3 depending on the guy

1|0
    0|0
  • That he's a sucker

0|0
    1|0
  • Stinks of desperation

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think it does actually. It’d be childish ego to act out. If there’s a connection there why throw away a good friendship?

• Show All
    • Welcome to PM for more info

• You’re annon

What Girls Said 6

• He’s being mature and respectful. He also likely knows his value and therefore doesn’t feel bothered by being rejected. He knows he can get other girls in the future.

1|1
    0|0
  • He's being mature and respecting the girl. I mean that's the reaction of a sane normal guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • It can mean two things:
    -He handled the rejection nicely and still doesn't mind still being friends
    -He hoping for another opportunity and that she will change her mind/feelings later on down the road.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's mature and respectful

1|1
    0|0
    • I like to think so too

• He's ok being just a friend.

1|0
    0|0
    • No man is ok with just being a friend if he likes the girl, unless friend with benefits or gay.

• Show All
    • It's easy to blame others, it's hard to see the mistake you made. Enjoy your happy life being stupid.

• @wgaca I can tell yo exactly the same XD

• All of the above in my opinion

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes