If a girl rejects a guy and he remains friendly, what does that suggest?

Was he never really that interested?
Is he just being mature & respectful?
Is he thinking future options can be kept open?
Etc etc...

(Some context: they can’t be together currently and he knows she liked him before but couldn’t agree to anything casual because of developing feelings.)

727

Most Helpful Guys

• Some guys understand and are fine with it. Others flip their shiz and go calling her ho ho ho. It doesn't mean much really. Of course guys consider their options and like to keep them open but for the most part he's just like okay then.
    Also some guys don't want to seem like it meant the world to them so they're like "I'm not even mad doe"

• It means he is probably a decent guy that isn't going to treat you nicely "only" because he wants to get inside your panties.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what he is expecting to come from it. Maybe he does just want a friend. Maybe he just wants you to keep being nice to him/emotionally there for him. To be honest, I've had guys "pretend" to be respectful of my decision not to date them; but then pounce later on when I'm feeling more vulnerable. Not every guy does this, but some do see it as a 'waiting' game. Guys who accept it without missing a beat, make me a little nervous now.

• Yeah I can see that happening too