Why do guys have side-chicks?

Long story. I grew up with this guy (since childhood) and we always had this connection with one another. We dated at one point but he broke up with me because someone told him if he doesn't LOVE ME, LOVE ME he should break up with me.(It was all innocent) So he did. Hurt me badly. ( Of course I didn't know this was the reason until later on) I just left it as that and walked away before I could shed a tear in front of him. Anyways I moved away right when I graduated high school just went incognito with out saying anything to anyone. Life goes on. Started college.. Come home to visit family occasionally. He reached out to me probably several times and this time I responded. Anyways one thing lead to another I end up in his bed for the first time sexually. A few more times after that, wanted to leave me a key and was like you already know my family so feel free to come around anytime as if that ins't awkward. MSGS me daily not in a needy manner, just wants to make sure I am okay. If I ate, If I slept well. Gets worried if hasn't heard from me for a couple of days; suddenly make it very clear that he is here for me (through text) if I ever want to vent. (I am pretty reserved when it comes to myself but super open minded to conversations) He will tell me he misses me and even said "I know I might not show it but I care about you so much, a lot." Even brought the word "us" up as if we are a thing several times. I told him I don't expect anything from him and pretty much avoided that entire convo. I don't know WHY it suddenly dawned on me too ask him if he has girlfriend. He was hesitant and said yes 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😅 Then started to complain about her. (I AM LIKE ARE YOU A F**KING MATH TEACHER? CAUSE YOU HAVE A LOT OF F**kING PROBLEMS okay jk that part didn't happen but 🙄🙄🤔). I didn't react to what he said,(as I am very nonchalant at this point) I just listened. ANYWAYS he has a gorgeous ducking girlfriend like so dam beautiful. That moment you realize your the side chick.
Why do guys have side-chicks?
Add Opinion