Do you miss your significant other when you are apart?

When my husband and I are apart for a long time such as working opposite shifts for several days, it bothers me a lot. I miss him. It doesn't bother him the same. I know he loves me but wonder is this difference a female/male difference or an imbalance in our feelings for each other?

1319

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah of course. But people are not part of you they are separate entities and it’s important learn to be alone.

• I'm a bad one to ask... My marriage was a massive mistake on my part.

Most Helpful Girls

• Even after 7 years we still don’t like being apart, but we have work and family obligations.

He’s quite a closed up guy and having been with him for 7 years, he would open up around me of course but it’s when he spills his heart out that just makes me feel warm inside.

He very rarely says he misses me as it’s all in his actions. When he does it includes how me coming into his life was the best thing that ever happened to him, that he can’t see his life without me...

Depends on the relationship and the people in it and the feelings involved.

• Ty I think he just isn't as expressive about his feelings as I am

• I miss him yes and he misses me too.

I think your husband misses you too, but just doesn't show it or shows it in a different way.

I know sometimes my boyfriend seems like he doesn't miss me. But I see we take turns missing each other. like sometimes i miss him more. others he misses me more. and on the lucky times, we miss each other at the same time lol XD