Do you miss your significant other when you are apart?

When my husband and I are apart for a long time such as working opposite shifts for several days, it bothers me a lot. I miss him. It doesn't bother him the same. I know he loves me but wonder is this difference a female/male difference or an imbalance in our feelings for each other?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah of course. But people are not part of you they are separate entities and it’s important learn to be alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a bad one to ask... My marriage was a massive mistake on my part.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Even after 7 years we still don’t like being apart, but we have work and family obligations.

He’s quite a closed up guy and having been with him for 7 years, he would open up around me of course but it’s when he spills his heart out that just makes me feel warm inside.

He very rarely says he misses me as it’s all in his actions. When he does it includes how me coming into his life was the best thing that ever happened to him, that he can’t see his life without me...

Depends on the relationship and the people in it and the feelings involved.

2|0
    0|0
    • Ty I think he just isn't as expressive about his feelings as I am

• I miss him yes and he misses me too.

I think your husband misses you too, but just doesn't show it or shows it in a different way.

I know sometimes my boyfriend seems like he doesn't miss me. But I see we take turns missing each other. like sometimes i miss him more. others he misses me more. and on the lucky times, we miss each other at the same time lol XD

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Yes I would miss her a lot it kinda would be like having a long distance relationship and when you finally get a chance to spend time with each other is like one of your y'all is on visiting and then back to going to work back to not seeing each other like that again

1|0
    0|0
  • Well my and my girlfriend are currently long distance. The weird thing is that I never feel lonely I mean I do wanna see her and be with her. Our bond is crazy strong to the point we don't need to be physically together to feel close. Soon enough we will be together and it will be even better

1|0
    0|0
  • Oddly enough he might miss you more than you miss him and he just doesn't let on about the fact to remain strong for the family.

1|0
    0|0
    • Very good insight. I know men are unfortunately taught not to show emotion. Thank you

• No problem. I speak from personal experience

• Of course! I guess in the case of my last relationship, my ex was all I really had to be happy for because I was going through a rough time in my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I did when we were together, I would talk to her for hours on end before I could go to sleep when I was working on the road

3|0
    0|0
  • Depends when’s the last time we’ve seen each other. I’m not the needy type. I don’t need to be with my girl all the damn time

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because I do not have a significant other.
    I prefer to keep my house, business, investments and other assets, rather than play a game that has been rigged against me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Different people are different that's all I can say about that

1|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend lives an hour away. When I don’t see her during the week I miss her.

2|0
    0|0
  • It takes me about a week. That is when I normally get sexually needy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• I miss him all the time! Hardest part is leaving from seeing him! I only see him on the weekends. I try not to make a big deal of it but here lately he’s been telling me he misses me. Makes it way worse! 😭😊😍 we text a lot but it doesn’t do so much for me as it does for him

1|0
    0|0
  • Mine won't really say he misses me verbally but he would send fb thing he knows I would find funny or interesting, text a joke , ask what I'm doing. It's little things that says I remembered you that counts.

1|0
    0|0
  • A little bit, but i know we will see each other by the end of the day cause we see each other almost everyday.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do. If we can't spend the weekend together It's weird and I miss him. We don't live together and we see each other one time in the week and on the weekend.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t have one right now but I always miss them when we’re apart.

1|0
    0|0
  • I miss my current boyfriend. My current boyfriend show through the text. He does miss me. He shows a different way.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • Im not far apart from my husband for long time

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men can’t develop feelings. Well, at least not for women.

0|0
    1|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes