Guys what is the toughest thing about being a guy?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• we're expected to not show any emotions and crying is a big no-no.

we typically have to deal with things by ourselves because asking for help is a sign of weakness.

women... you can barely look at a girls these days without being labelled some sort of creep, yet they still expect you to pay for everything and treat them like princesses... seriously, where do men stand these days? i have no idea and its simply easier to not bother.

jobs... men are expected to earn top dollar and if you dont then you have failed.

1|4
    0|0
  • Deling with testosterone, and controlling our actions, when it's necessary.

I don't mean reigning in our sexual urges; that's not really all that difficult. No, I'm referring to the fact that men are naturally competitive. We'll compete with each other, for any number of stupid reasons, due to our higher levels of testosterone making us naturally aggressive.

If someone insults us, we want to beat their ass. If someone pisses us off in traffic, we want to make them pay. If someone threatens us, our girlfriends, or our families, we want to kick the shit out of them. We compete for the attention of women, and it makes us act like morons. Our first impulse in a tense situation is to punch something.

We can't do any of those things, though. Rather, we're not supposed too, because they're not socially acceptable. We're not inherently violent; not exactly. It's just that are base instincts are geared towards aggression. If we deny those feelings; if we're the "bigger person" and walk away, we feel like a wuss, or are called a pussy. That's tough, for a guy.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but that's what I would consider the toughest part of being a guy: trying not to be "too much" of a guy.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• The fact that most women I have met and been with don't like a guy with a soft side that is almost equal to the hard side. I am not talking about sex either. Most women I have met and been with hate the fact I love shoes just as much or more than they do. I can wear heels better than most of them. But again all I am going on is what I have experienced. I am not judging every woman out there by this.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are so many things, one is always feeling like a bull in a china shop, two is the inherent ability of people to not think guys can be gentle or have actual feelings other than "Gimme a beer" and "How's about them Redskins" Third and not as high on the list is the constant need to readjust your package because it is uncomfortable

1|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing tough about being a guy. No one cares if we wear the same five suits every week. We don't bleed for a week per month or so. Our haircuts are inexpensive. We tend to age well as long as we take care of ourselves.

1|0
    0|2
  • Keeping a level head and sense in the presence of so much saturated testosterone.

3|0
    0|0
  • Having little to turn to when you aren't feeling happy.

(Most important) Early sex drive.
    Guys get high sex drive at 18 until 30ish women have high sex drives at 30-40ish. This can pose problems as if you add an unsated sex drive to loneliness and social anxiety, depression can just creep up on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • The way society throws shit at you, and yet expects you to stay strong and not cry or express your emotions, otherwise you'd be considered a faggot

1|3
    0|0
  • Currently it's the assumption that if a guy (regardless of how he lookslis with young kids then he must be a creep when in all likelihood he is the Dad

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say actually trying to find a girl to trust, someone who will always be there for you

1|3
    0|0
  • We can't expect anyone to provide any help at anything

1|0
    0|0
  • Full moons we revert back into our true forms. Decent human beings.

0|0
    0|0
  • being a guy

1|1
    0|0
  • Temper and controlling it sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • Controlling my anger

1|0
    0|0
  • Eating a banana.