My boyfriend refused to have sex with me because he needs to study. Do you think it can be legit or is it an excuse?

-He usually has a VERY high sex drive.
-It would take him less than 10 minutes to get here.
-I sent him a few suggestive photos, which he seemed to respond well to.
-His uni course is quite challenging.
Do you think he's being honest or is it more likely there's a different reason for this?
  • He's *actually* studying
  • There's a different reason (what?)
  • Stop being paranoid, it's normal
    Vote C

1045

Most Helpful Guys

• he's literally trying to make both your lives better and you're dragging him down and causing drama over it? wtf, why aren't you studying? Where's your college? leave him alone and don't make his life miserable. I almost wanna say he should just get rid of you if you decide to confront him about it and start shit, i most certainly would!

• First of all, I’m not dragging him down, nor causing drama. I’m asking people on here if there is anything to worry about. Second, I’m studying medicine, I don’t think I’ll make him miserable due to my lack of studies. Third - you’d get rid of your girlfriend because she wants to sleep with you? Really?

• I'd get rid of her because she's trying to cause drama. You're doubting him and his loyalty and this is frustrating as ALL HELL to guys. its absolutely unnecessary and when he's bogged down with life already the last thing he needs is his girl at his neck wondering why she isn't getting what she wants from him when he's trying to do shit for her already

-He usually has a VERY high sex drive.
      -His uni course is quite challenging.

Stop over thinking it. But if you want bring it up and question his loyalty over him studying to make your lives better. don't just question it, dig into him. complain about his high sex drive, think he's doing something behind your back, idc what happens but this post wreaks of lack of trust / insecurity / doubt / etc. and i'd sure as shit end it

• I think he's actually studying.
    Instead of pressuring him into ignoring studies and coming to have sex with you, offer to help him relieve stress when he needs a study break, I'm sure you'll get better results that way.

• I'm not pressuring him into anything, at least I don't think I am. It was actually meant as a study break for him, since he says he's been studying for the past 6 hours.

• Yeah he should definitely take a break from studying. People learn better if they're "rewarded" after doing something difficult.
      Sex might actually help him retain the information he's studying.

Most Helpful Girls

• You know him better, so I'd say you have a better chance of knowing if he is lying or not. To me that sounds like a legit reason. Especially if it's a one time thing and he doesn't constantly refuse with the same reason. He might also be stressed, if the course is actually challenging, which can affect his sex drive.

• You're complaining that your guy rather do well in school than have sex with you? Really? Not to be rude, but that's kind of selfish of you.

Let him study. Heck, even offer him an incentive: if he passes his exams with a certain score, do something extra special for him

• It's very unusual for him to refuse sex, which is why I'm concerned. I wasn't trying to keep him from his studies, I would have just liked him to take a break for an hour or so, after having been buried in books for 6.