What is it with men and apologies?

do guys ever apologize on their own? Men I know seem to avoid the problem or person until they get caught or called out and then they apologize. Is it unmanly to admit you made a mistake? Or are the guys I know just jerks? Haha

115

Most Helpful Guys

• Where I come from it's the opposite. Girls don't apologise but guys do all the time. It's based on the seriousness of the topic. The more serious it is the more the guy won't apologies but if it's not serious he will apologies usually unless he not that type of guy

• The answer is the guys you know are just jerks. Any self respecting human being will admit ignorance or wrong doing in an attempt to better themselves intellectually and emotionally. Women and men BOTH have a difficult time admitting these things, but the ability to better ourselves by the admission of error is a sign of maturity. It seems to me that you need to befriend and date men who do not behave like children.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, guys aren't "just jerks." As women, we are traditionally socialized to interpret the variety of our emotions, We are allowed to show vulnerability, men, on the other hand, are taught to value pride and avoid anything that threatens it. It's harder for them to open up and admit their wrong sometimes because they're afraid of looking foolish. Still, as an adult they should be willing to come forward if they have hurt you, but sometimes you have to bring the conversation to them and express how you feel. This openness will allow him to be more upfront with you, so long as you do it in a way which y'all are both comfortable. Have a conversation, not an argument. Talk to each other, not at each other. Agree to disagree, but find a common ground at the end of the day