What is it with men and apologies?

do guys ever apologize on their own? Men I know seem to avoid the problem or person until they get caught or called out and then they apologize. Is it unmanly to admit you made a mistake? Or are the guys I know just jerks? Haha

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Where I come from it's the opposite. Girls don't apologise but guys do all the time. It's based on the seriousness of the topic. The more serious it is the more the guy won't apologies but if it's not serious he will apologies usually unless he not that type of guy

0|0
    0|0
  • The answer is the guys you know are just jerks. Any self respecting human being will admit ignorance or wrong doing in an attempt to better themselves intellectually and emotionally. Women and men BOTH have a difficult time admitting these things, but the ability to better ourselves by the admission of error is a sign of maturity. It seems to me that you need to befriend and date men who do not behave like children.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, guys aren't "just jerks." As women, we are traditionally socialized to interpret the variety of our emotions, We are allowed to show vulnerability, men, on the other hand, are taught to value pride and avoid anything that threatens it. It's harder for them to open up and admit their wrong sometimes because they're afraid of looking foolish. Still, as an adult they should be willing to come forward if they have hurt you, but sometimes you have to bring the conversation to them and express how you feel. This openness will allow him to be more upfront with you, so long as you do it in a way which y'all are both comfortable. Have a conversation, not an argument. Talk to each other, not at each other. Agree to disagree, but find a common ground at the end of the day

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I try not do things that I will have to apologize later. If I do something and it's wrong, of course I will apologize but only if I do a mistake and I'm wrong. People nowadays feel like you have to apologize for everything. I won't apologize to someone just because they want to, to feel like they are a greater being.

0|0
    0|0
  • i always apologize out of common courtesy and diplomacy even if i did nothing wrong. depending on the way they act or if they apologize in return will determine how i treat them in the future

1|0
    0|1
    • its not emasculating at all to apologize. only the insecure are afraid to apologize in my opinion

• Show All
    • It would seem to me that you spend too much time letting women walk all over you instead of letting them be your equal. It's a mistake to be in a relationship where you consistently cater to your partner. You have to have a sense of self respect or you will be stuck with women who don't care about your feelings. It's important that both people show a level of maturity and responsibility by being honest and admitting wrong doing if it calls for it.

• @Gus0692 yea good luck with that lol

• It's pretty rare among people in general. Usually if someone makes a mistake the first thing they do is make an excuse and justify it, as to say "it's not my fault so deal with it!"

0|0
    0|0
  • I apologize. If I know I messed up, I'm obligated to make things right. I sometimes also apologize for things that weren't my fault. Becuz I know the relationship is more important than my feelings.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've done it a few times lately. Getting weak in my old age, but stringer in my constitution.

1|0
    0|0
  • To be honest there just jerks I've been told I apologize too much for such little things, but I've also told that some girls like that. Is that true?

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, both men and women don't like to admit when they are wrong. I personally have no problem apologizing if I'm made a mistake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, we're only human and we make mistakes too

0|1
    0|0
  • It's probably harder normally.. but it also depends on the person they are apologizing to... another jerk or what? :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I could apologize but we'd both know I didn't mean it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes