Why would a guy stare at a girl, but not approach?

Just curious cos when I'm at the gym this happens a lot.
  • He's not interested in her
    Vote A
  • He's interested but scared
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Too pussy to make a movement.

Besides, it's not easy.

Sometimes you think the girl doesn't want to be bothered.
    Doesn't feel the same way.
    Is fed up of guys approaching her.
    Has lots of guys approaching her.
    Has a boyfriend.
    You think there will be nothing to talk about.
    Or even if you talk about something, it's hard to 'seal the deal' after all that'.

Hopefully you're feeling me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah i completely understand. However, the guy i like acts quite weird, i said hi to him a while back and he just stared really intensly at my eyes and said nothing back ๐Ÿ˜‚ im starting to think he's a psycho

• Show All
    • ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ yeah i think i'll just leave him to be a psycho

• Plenty more men in the sea :)

• That's not conclusive to me. Do you like everyone you inadvertently stare at? I might subconsciously stare at some girl who uses very injury-prone form to her motions. I'll also probably inadvertently stare at this guy:

https://youtu.be/RS4EiidLjNE

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He shows interest in you but for various reasons, does not attempt to approach or talk to you.
    1. he is too shy and waits perhaps for you to return his glance with a smile which could signify that you would want him to talk to you.
    2. He does not know how to approach you because, let's face it, so many guys want just to pick up a girl and are too clumsy to make a proper attempt
    3. He tries to read your facial expressions to see whether he can make the next move
    4. He could be a "gentleman" and just stare at your beauty. Take it as a compliment

If you are genuinely interested in him, make him aware of it.

Personally, I find it so nice that there are still some guys around that have some inhibitions to talk to a girl and start a pick up line in a clumsy way.

Let him assess you and hope that he finds the courage to talk to you. He could also prepare a strategy on how to approach you. It might take him several gym sessions but he might eventually come up with a real good line.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• 1. He's shy

2. He doesn't want to be seen as a creep. Men are taught not to approach women at the gym and flirt

3. He's just curious

1|0
    0|0
  • More than half the time, they are scared. Some times i'd look at a girl just to see what work out she's doing and if it's impressive, i'd find myself staring, because i wouldn't be able to do it. It wouldn't be because i'm interested or lusting after her.

1|0
    0|0
  • He wants your butt but you're not legal yet so he doesn't try.

1|0
    0|0
    • In england the legal age is 16

• Show All
    • I suppose so. But i have had a lot of older guys approach me

• Some can't tell if you're 18 yet or over. Some doesn't care. If you're interesting, go talk to him, don't wait.

• I do that sometimes. It's because we don't want to spend energy approaching, so we just admire for a while.

2|0
    0|0
  • Most girls apparently don't like be approached at the gym, so most guys won't. In general lots of guys don't approach girls because they assume they will say not and/or are already in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, most likely b but mixed with a lack of social skills

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys get rejected so often by girls that they are afraid to make the first move.

1|1
    0|0
  • it could be you're lifting a lot of weight, like way more than what they're lifting especially if you're training as a powerlifter, oly lifter, or strongmen/strongwomen lifter. either that or maybe he's new to gym and is curious about what exercises you or other people do around him. at most commercial gyms, it's mostly full of weirdos, average joes, gym rats, ego lifters, creepy gym stalkers, bodybuilders, and a few powerlifters and oly lifters around, if you can deadlift, squat, and bench with good form for 225 lbs, people will automatically stare, sometimes even follow you around the gym to see what you do to get strong or try to learn by watching. if you can do 315 lbs, 405 lbs, or more, most people stare at you, follow you around the gym and worship you like you're the god of genetic freaks. then you go to a specialized gym and everyone can squash your 1 rep max for reps easy peasy lols.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably finds you attractive but fears rejection if he approaches

1|0
    0|0
  • Most guys can get scared. The fear of rejection, humiliation, and disrespectful behaviour makes one hesitate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everybody looks at each other in the gym.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah thats true but i see the same guy that has been staring at my friend for months and says nothing

• My best guess would be he likes your body then

• She's only 17 now guys. Come on...

0|0
    1|0
  • You must look good in gym wear ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • Itโ€™s a gym. People stare

3|0
    0|0
  • If you don't know guys ate usually shy of girls

1|1
    0|0
  • Why would a girl do that?

0|0
    1|0
  • Insecure fear of rejection

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly, it's the latter.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be too nervous to come up to you

1|0
    0|0
  • Most likely scared of the rejection

1|0
    0|0
  • B of course.

Approaching is not the normal thing to do, approaching happens like 3% of the time when a guy is interested. It is not common.

1|0
    0|0
  • Weโ€™re you using the abductor machine, when this happen?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes