How can I analyze my boyfriend’s behavior?

My boyfriend and I have been spending a lot of time together, maybe it’s taking its toll on us. we spend pretty much everyday together, minus a day or 2 out of the week. I pick him up from school and then we hangout at his house until the late hours.

What I’ve noticed is that when I try to leave early or say I’m leaving, most of the times he asks “what? Why?” In a worried tone, then I guilt myself into staying because I can tell he wants me to.

But lately he’s been moody, his parents just got back from a vacation and he was happy to see them at first and then he seemed really down. He apologized for acting like that, and I went home. But he did it again yesterday, he was in a pissy mood and he was mad at pretty much everything.

He told me again he was sorry for being so moody, and we talked about how much time we spend together. He said he was confused about his feelings, he said he wanted me to leave his house, but he also wanted me to be there with him. He said he wanted space but he doesn’t know if he really does. He’s really been stressed lately, he cried in my arms once because he was so stressed. I’m just scared and confused, I’m afraid he’ll break up with me. Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• what is he stressed about?
    i think the goal needs to be to find out what is wrong with him. is he depressed?

but i do think spending less time together may be a good idea only because he sort of needs to come to a place of knowing what he wants and understanding how he feels and why he feels that way... it sounds like he is in a very odd place

1|1
    0|0
    • When I asked, he said he was stressed about everything. And when I asked again he said he just doesn’t know. Yesterday I asked about us, he said no everything is fine with us. He seemed depressed, and I’m not sure if I should text him or anything because it’s around 6 PM and I haven’t gotten a text from him or texted him yet. I’m thinking he needs space, but he said he would tell me if he did which didn’t happen. He must be in an odd place, weirdly because we are teenagers and this type of stress shouldn’t happen to us

• yeah it sounds like depression for sure

• It's good that are recognizing what many young couples don't, which is, you still need your own scene/identity/space.
    Your boyfriend definitely needs it from what you said. I would stop presenting it as a choice and just do it.

1|2
    0|0
    • Yes exactly, I believe he does but like pin not sure how to do it. Do you think I should just wait to hear from him through text or should I just send him one saying goodmorning, and that I’m here for him if he needs, and I love him?

• Do what you feel is right, that isn't a right or wrong type decision. Don't stress yourself out over something like that.

• Yeah there's some truth to this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like something is up with his parents maybe.

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s always possible, he was happy and fun while his parents were away on vacation for 2 weeks. The day they were coming back, he wasn’t in the mood for sex and he was happy to see them at first but then he was super glum and seemed really down. And was getting angry at everything, he was happy the whole time they were gone. He apologized for acting weird that day, but he gets like that some times it’s nothing new. But he had been very happy for a while and it’s weird to see him like this again

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• He needs individual space, or time to himself. He probably was too clingy before and burnt out

1|1
    0|0
    • I think so to, I asked him if he wanted space and he said he doesn’t know if he does, he’s confused. Then before I left last night, I asked again if he wanted space for a few days and he said he’ll let me know.. I assume that means he’s gonna text me. He still wants to do goodmorning and goodnight texts but I think that’s it. It’s a strange situation

• Show All
    • Oh for sure. Not every person is willing to take the advice though, and they end up trying to figure it for themselves and taking forever.

• And yes I agree with that, we just don’t really spend time apart much and I find it to be too much. Not sure if he does, from the sounds of it yes. im just not sure what to do, should I text or just wait?

• Sounds like he’s confused about your relationship as well as stressed out. Talk to him and maybe see if cutting back on seeing each other as much for a while makes a difference

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like maybe he's struggling with whether he wants to be in a relationship or not. How often do you have sex/is it good for both of you when you do/who initiates it usually?

0|1
    0|0
  • Im not sure about this, but I think you both have been together in a while.
    Well, I think its the typical "I dont know if I want to compromise just now".
    I dont think he break up by now, but a bit of support and talking about that issue isn't going to make the situation worse.
    What about talking how does he see his future and if he sees you in it?
    Be careful asking it because maybe he is afraid of compromise.
    So, solution is look forward, support the most mature option, and accept that may be he isn't ready for a formal relation yet.
    Good luck, and go on.
    ( If he isn't ready and it turns bad, on my opinion, its better to have that situation under control that let it flows to bad ending )

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems manic. Did he just get some sort of life altering news?

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing to be worried just be with him everyone goes through emotional breakdown

1|0
    0|1
  • ... Ask him straight. What is wrong with you? Do you have anyone else? Are you planning on us breaking up? Done.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sick him to a CD then pop that disk on to your pc and click Scan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spend more time..

0|0
    0|1
  • Watch him

0|0
    0|0
  • think you need to give him space. i know that's what id want

1|0
    0|0
    • I want to of course, he told he he wasn’t sure if he wanted that or not when I asked him. And he has a friend staying the night tonight, it’s his best guy friend, so I don’t want to bother him of course.

• Show All
    • i just don't want to come across as creepy, sending 4 messages, in a row, before she replies even once. oh, the other reason i had to send 3 in a row was because the file itself was too big for my primary email address and had to use another address

• Yes send her a 4th if you think she didn’t get them, if she’s holding a talent search than chances are her email is flooded and she’s just reading people’s above yours, don’t be afraid to send a 4th. If you do, then just explain that the file was too big he last few times, it probably happens a lot! Good luck

What Girls Said 3

• Break up. He’s setting the stage to dump you or leave you for someone else or cheat. He’s playing you. Trust me, I know the signs. It’s a sin. Don’t reflect it on you. It’s him.

0|0
    0|1
    • Show All
    • Okay. Sorry if I seemed harsh. I just try to protect people from what I went through. Always guard your heart.

• That’s okay thank you so much, I appreciate you’re opinion though😊 and I’m so sorry that happened to you, I hope you find peace and love in everything and everyone 💞

• You boyfriend is too sensitive and you worry too much

1|0
    0|1
    • Too sensitive? this is what's wrong with society. Men can't have feelings without it being looked down upon as being un manly.

• He’s just scared of being alone.

0|0
    0|0
    • Mmm... no I don't think that's it.

• Show All
    • He’s stressed.

• I’m not sure what it is, but when I asked him about us he said we’re fine, at least on his side, I said we were fine on mine to. This was literally yesterday, and the day before that he was thanking me for everything I’ve done since the day we met, and that I was the best girlfriend he could have asked for. So his feelings couldn’t change that fast, unless he felt that way all along. He’s very stressed about something, he said he’s stressed about everything so he’s obviously not telling me something

Recommended myTakes