How can I analyze my boyfriend’s behavior?

My boyfriend and I have been spending a lot of time together, maybe it’s taking its toll on us. we spend pretty much everyday together, minus a day or 2 out of the week. I pick him up from school and then we hangout at his house until the late hours.

What I’ve noticed is that when I try to leave early or say I’m leaving, most of the times he asks “what? Why?” In a worried tone, then I guilt myself into staying because I can tell he wants me to.

But lately he’s been moody, his parents just got back from a vacation and he was happy to see them at first and then he seemed really down. He apologized for acting like that, and I went home. But he did it again yesterday, he was in a pissy mood and he was mad at pretty much everything.

He told me again he was sorry for being so moody, and we talked about how much time we spend together. He said he was confused about his feelings, he said he wanted me to leave his house, but he also wanted me to be there with him. He said he wanted space but he doesn’t know if he really does. He’s really been stressed lately, he cried in my arms once because he was so stressed. I’m just scared and confused, I’m afraid he’ll break up with me. Thoughts?

413

Most Helpful Guys

• what is he stressed about?
    i think the goal needs to be to find out what is wrong with him. is he depressed?

but i do think spending less time together may be a good idea only because he sort of needs to come to a place of knowing what he wants and understanding how he feels and why he feels that way... it sounds like he is in a very odd place

• When I asked, he said he was stressed about everything. And when I asked again he said he just doesn’t know. Yesterday I asked about us, he said no everything is fine with us. He seemed depressed, and I’m not sure if I should text him or anything because it’s around 6 PM and I haven’t gotten a text from him or texted him yet. I’m thinking he needs space, but he said he would tell me if he did which didn’t happen. He must be in an odd place, weirdly because we are teenagers and this type of stress shouldn’t happen to us

• yeah it sounds like depression for sure

• It's good that are recognizing what many young couples don't, which is, you still need your own scene/identity/space.
    Your boyfriend definitely needs it from what you said. I would stop presenting it as a choice and just do it.

• Yes exactly, I believe he does but like pin not sure how to do it. Do you think I should just wait to hear from him through text or should I just send him one saying goodmorning, and that I’m here for him if he needs, and I love him?

• Do what you feel is right, that isn't a right or wrong type decision. Don't stress yourself out over something like that.

• Yeah there's some truth to this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like something is up with his parents maybe.

• It’s always possible, he was happy and fun while his parents were away on vacation for 2 weeks. The day they were coming back, he wasn’t in the mood for sex and he was happy to see them at first but then he was super glum and seemed really down. And was getting angry at everything, he was happy the whole time they were gone. He apologized for acting weird that day, but he gets like that some times it’s nothing new. But he had been very happy for a while and it’s weird to see him like this again