Is it bad if my boyfriend doesn’t text first?

We’ve been spending a lot of time together lately, like everyday for the past week + and we talked about it, he said he didn’t want to spend less time together but take a break from hanging out for a couple days. I asked if he needed space, he said he doesn’t know. That was the last time I saw him, on Thursday night and it’s now Saturday morning.

He didn’t text me all day yesterday, despite just being at home and playing his video games (I could tell because I saw him online) and around 10:30 I messaged him, just reminding him I loved him and was there for him and if he needed space I respect it. He just said “babe I don’t think I really need space” in regards to the space question. But when I said goodnight he just said that he loves me and to sleep well, but never replied after I replied to that. So if I didn’t message him we wouldn’t have talked at all, which is weird because when we’re apart we usually text at least once a day.

But he has been stressed lately apparently, and his parents came back from vacation and he’s been moody and in bad moods ever since, I know his parents stress him out sometimes but his parents have been really fun and loving recently so he has no reason to be. I know he’s stressed with life and just everything in it, he cried in my arms once about it.

im just scared, we’ve been together for 10 months and this is like just now happening. Should I still text him this morning even wishing him a good day? I can’t tell what kind of mood he’s in, it could be good but I’m not sure.

11