Guys, Why does he keep hitting on me even though I keep rejecting him?

We have mutual friends. I personally don’t like him but I can still be civil because we have a lot of the same friends. I don’t like him because the first day we met, I talked to him trying to be friendly and he took that as a sign that I wanted to fuck him and made sexual moves on me. I rejected them. The second time, a group of us were at a bar and he wanted a ride home, so my friend just volunteers me. He tried to message my neck twice and put his hand on my knee several times trying to loosen the bra straps and had me driving around residential streets for hours trying to convince me to fuck him. Again I rejected him and he immediately got pissy, got out of the car and walked home. The third time was at my friend’s party, he tried to kiss my neck from behind and I pushed him away. He told me to get a personality and walked away. The last time I was at a bar with my friend and she asked me “Jay wants to know why you don’t like him? He’s handsome and muscular and he likes you.” My reply is “He’s not what I would call handsome, he’s a meathead, he’s arrogant and he throws little shit fits when a girl tells him no.”

I think he keeps hitting on me to keep his ego in tact, because he’s a body builder who has a lot of women interested and I was supposedly the first one that rejected him, but my friend keeps pushing him on me because she thinks he’s just really interested. I’m asking this specifically to the guys to prove her wrong. If a girl rejects a guy, why does he keep chasing her instead of moving on to another girl.

”Jay’s” name is not really Jay, by the way
1d
I just realized that I never finished the last scenario. Jay comes in, hits on me several times after I rejected him, gets stupid drunk right in front of me and after my friend leaves, asks me to drive him home (not happening) and assumed before I could answer that I was taking him. I went to the bathroom, came back, told my friends that I had a family and needed to leave. Jay follows me to the car, then when I refuse him asks why I won’t drive him. I tell him, he grabs my boob and walks away

3