Do guys normally do this?

So there's this guy who likes me and I like him too.
We met in 2016, and became really good friends. We started liking each other and confessed last month. However, lately he hasn't been talking to me much. I don't expect him to text me everyday, but shouldn't he at least reply to my text while he's online? I know he can be busy, but no one's *that* busy. He does show that he cares usually with small gestures, but sometimes he's totally out of touch.
I'm starting to think he's losing interest in me, even though he liked me for more than an year and is aware that I like him too.
Do guys normally do this or is he unique?
2d
Could it be because he's shy and it's his first time?

21