What to do about an overly clingy male friend from the pub?

I have this male friend that always seems to reappear during the holidays at our local pub. I haven't seen him there since the last holiday in October but worried he is going to reappear soon as were just about into the Christmas holidays

like typically he'd just sort of randomly show up and its always on a night when the place is super busy and there is other people I want to talk to. and then he just sort of follows me around the entire night , there is a food place nearby and he even follows me there if I were to get food afterwords , then he leaves when I leave the downtown. I don't know if he doesn't have any other friends or what exactly is going on with him but its really annoying

and I just really don't know what to do about him , its also such a small spot its hard to try and avoid someone but I just need some space sometimes.

10