Guy friend acting distant & disliking me for no reason! Guys, help me out please?

Guys, why would you suddenly act distant towards a girl that you're just friends with?

~ MORE INFO:
A guy friend used to give me hugs and was really friendly towards me. Tbh, i liked him a tiny bit, but it was going nowhere, cos i fancied another guy a lot more (and i assumed my guy friend had other girls he talks to, i saw it on his snapchat, so i didn't think it was a big deal).

His group of friends used to tease him by saying he likes me, but i just took as as a joke and brushed it off!

Now he's acting distant & removed me from facebook & instagram, but for some reason, kept me on snapchat and still watches my stories.

~ this guy is best friends with that CONTROL FREAK GUY that I've mentioned in a few questions, so i feel like he might have gotten jealous that i was closer to his best friend and now tells him not to talk to me etc.

~ I've done nothing wrong, but be friendly to him. So maybe he did fancy me (hes quite a shy guy and sometimes blushes) but it hurt his feelings cos it was going nowhere and is trying to get over me?
  • He likes you, but feels hurt & is trying to get over you by distancing himself :(
    Vote A
  • He no longer wants to be friends, cos of his CONTROL FREAK best friend.
    Vote B
  • He probably just wanted sex (... but he's so shy & innocent... i would doubt it!)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Recently, that guy friend said to me, something like "go talk to **name of guy i like** he's at the gym! Go on" with a sad, serious look on his face :( i feel really bad and i just want to give him a big hug.😥
im starting to lose interest in that "possessive, controlling guy i fancy" cos he's just an asshole! I'm starting to fancy this guy friend of mine. but i don't think he wants to talk at the moment :(
... sorry, this is really long!! Whoops

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• It sounds like you need the right person that understands him. Find people that are close to him and ask them what's up. Some people need a person that knows them to decode them

1|0
    0|0
  • Kez l understand what you are saying it would be nice if things could work out with this guy that is in the huff with you you are not a bad person l well know that l am aware that you are trying to get over that control freak guy but to be very honest l think those guys are very immature they are using the gym like a club and saying to each other dont talk to her or dont date her l think they need there heads banged together and to grow up very fast l just can't see things getting better any time soon l dont know if there is any other girls in your circle along with those guys and l think you should get out and about more and do your job and as your dad said try and get some gigs and you will get to know more people its like you are stuck in a bit of a rut you are still young the world is your oyster take care

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in the same situation, just that my friend moved from the school to get over me.. If you started liking this guy you should go for it, if he really liked you, he will be happy about. I think it's been tough enough for him to not be able to show his feelings

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I really don't know maybe he got embarrassed and shy when they made jokes about him liking you?

I would talk to him be honest find out best bet i think kez

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it sounds like he liked you but was too shy to ask you out, then was hurt that you liked the other guy.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. But i never told anyone that i liked the other guy. Maybe its cos that guy got very possessive over me and jealous (the one i fancy) cos he watches me when i talk to other guys, and used to get angry.

• Show All
    • I don't think it's to sabotage other women, but I think women give advice based on what they think sounds good in their heads, the way they think things "should" be, not based on reality. Especially when it comes to this because those women don't understand or even try to understand dating from a guy's perspective.

I'd basically advise that you don't bother from what you said about him getting angry at you talking to other guys despite not even being in a relationship with you. That's a red flag because it tells you a lot about how he'll probably be once/if you're in a relationship - really jealous and insecure about any other man you talk to.

If you insist on going after him, I'd say that the only way would be for you to make the first move and let him know your intentions. In the video Matt draws the diagram where he says "this percentage of men do this, this percentage of men do that" - he's in the far right hand category. The guys who will never approach a woman because they're so afraid of rejection.

That's probably what this cold/aloof thing is, a defence mechanism. He's so afraid to show interest in you that he does the complete opposite and pretends not to be interested in you at all. The only way for you to get him to drop that guard is to be direct with him. Tell him that you like him and want to get to know him.

• Yeah i agree. Cos for an entire year, all he's been doing is watching me and staring! I suppose it wouldn't be going on for this long if he wasn't interested?

• Think a bit about why it would it be at all beneficial for that guy to spend any time on you? What exactly do you have to offer that is so damn special?

1|0
    0|0
    • S E X. A S S. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

• Show All
    • Maybe he's bisexual

• Well. Tell him you can use a strap-on. but that guy still can't get a vagina...

Dear God Girl!!! LMAO.

• He likes you, but feels hurt & is trying to get over you by distancing himself :(

1|0
    0|0
  • didn't you say you don't date little boys for all of these reasons?

1|0
    0|0
  • "La donna Γ¨ mobile
    Qual piuma al vento,
    Muta d'accento β€” e di pensier"

0|0
    0|0
  • he wants to smash duh

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I do this

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Honestly I act distant from everyone I have any feelings for not to give a sob story but the facts are I have autism and down syndrome and asperger syndrome and anxiety and so much more so I never try to get close to someone because every time I do I mess up or they used me most of the time they act like my friend to look good to a girl or guy that they like I know this because i hear it all the time from people I am 17 and never had a friend I can β€œremember this and that” with

• Maybe he secretly likes you

1|0
    0|0
  • I think Control freak has something to do with it

1|0
    0|0
  • While it might make him temporarily happy he's better off without you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• A or B might be true. Go talk to him. Just be sweet and friendly.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I'll try again. He's also no longer going to the same bar as me (he just goes straight home after work) so i wonder if he's doing that to avoid me?

• Just try again.

• Sounds like he is trying to move on 🀷

1|0
    0|0
  • He hates you

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes