Why does my best guy friend mix up mine and his girlfriends names?

So this has happened a few times so far and I didn't really think of it much but it kind of bothers me. I do kind of have feelings for him but nothing huge. It mostly bothers me because me and her are nothing alike in terms of looks and a little but in personality so why does he mix up our names?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to do it calling my girlfriend by my female best friend name.. and sometimes I call her by her sister name. Most time I stop myself before it comes out to something.

I believe it's because of how we store information, my brain thinks "this is a girl I spend time with, the default is this person as I spent lots of time with them" after being wth his girlfriend for years you might find he starts calling you her name

It's like with pets, I sometimes call one by another's name.. or my mum when I was growing up would some times try and call one of us and get it wrong every time until she said them all.

Most Helpful Girl

• It just means y'all are close. I mix up my male coworker and my boyfriend's names sometimes, but all 3 of us also hang out after work and stuff often enough that I mix them up in stories even though they're totally different.