Why does my best guy friend mix up mine and his girlfriends names?

So this has happened a few times so far and I didn't really think of it much but it kind of bothers me. I do kind of have feelings for him but nothing huge. It mostly bothers me because me and her are nothing alike in terms of looks and a little but in personality so why does he mix up our names?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to do it calling my girlfriend by my female best friend name.. and sometimes I call her by her sister name. Most time I stop myself before it comes out to something.

I believe it's because of how we store information, my brain thinks "this is a girl I spend time with, the default is this person as I spent lots of time with them" after being wth his girlfriend for years you might find he starts calling you her name

It's like with pets, I sometimes call one by another's name.. or my mum when I was growing up would some times try and call one of us and get it wrong every time until she said them all.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It just means y'all are close. I mix up my male coworker and my boyfriend's names sometimes, but all 3 of us also hang out after work and stuff often enough that I mix them up in stories even though they're totally different.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• My parent mix mine and my brother's names up sometimes. It happens when you have two people on your mind a lot and you talk faster than you can think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they are similar?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you remind him of his girlfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Take it as a subconscious hint and compliment.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes