Guys: how do you deal when you get perceived as gay by mistake?

So there is this guy I really like, we’ve had strong eye contact and smiles going on. He is very shy, I’ve tried every way to talk to him but in the end we can’t talk either because of his shyness or because there is always people around us. Anyway, he has a friend, they are literally inseparable. The other day, when their soccer game was over, his friend went to hug him... and When he saw me looking, he kinda pushed his friend away from him quickly and got really serious. I thought that was odd and gave me the idea that he might be gay or he doesn’t want to give the impression he is. I know as a woman, if the man I like is looking and my friend decides to grab be in a friendly playful way, I’d try to avoid it just not to send the wrong message.

Guys what would you say about this?
I am just trying understand how would a guy deal with being perceived as gay by mistake?

media2.giphy.com/.../giphy.gif

521

Most Helpful Guy

• It could also be that he doesn't want to be perceived as submissive. I know I hate it if I'm talking to a woman I'm attracted to and some guy friend passes by and gives me a dutch rub or puts his arm around me. I half thinks guys do that shit deliberately to cock-block other guys. Being touched by other dudes without your consent feels humiliating and weak, and us guys are aware that weakness is a turnoff for women.

• 7d

Great point! But why would his friend become a cock blocker? Why would a friend do that?

• 7d

If the friend is attracted to the girl. Or just being an ass.

• 7d

Ok, I highly doubt his friend like me. In the end his friend didn’t even see me looking, it was the guy I like the one that saw me starring and pushed his friend away and got serious, so it leaves me the doubt why he would do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm flattered. I get hit on by sexy ass bitches