Do guys notice when they aren't being gentleman?

My boyfriend used to be a gentleman and then he stopped. It hurt my feelings that he would do things like walk ahead of me and then let the door slam behind him while I was still outside. That's something I made a point of doing for my little sisters EVERY DAY. I know Im not a man but I always hold the door open for my sisters no matter what, I also make sure they are safe in front of me and that they are not next to the road or any position where they are in more danger than me. Also he would pick me up from work and take me to his house but my jacket was thin and he would have me standing outside with him. I didn't expect him to give me his jacket just to try to ensure that I was comfortable rather than make me stand out there. Also another thing that I always did, I have given my little sisters the coat off of my back because she forgot hers at home so I walked home in the rain just so she could walk home warm. I say all this to say that I know for a fact that when you love a woman you will try to make sure she is okay. I notice little things like that because I love my sisters with all my heart and no matter how much we all fight and argue I try to protect them because I love them. He used to do those things and then he stopped. So I know he knows as well but just doesn't care.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I dont think about doing it, its just instinct, i do it automatically... still open doors, i still give my jacket, give up my seat, walk on the outside... i still let them borrow my shoes... its just how i was brought up, it never goes... and its not just "pretty" girls i do it for any woman... even get those awkward moments when they are old and going up the stairs slow and then you feel bad as you rushed them and then awkward as you got to wait ages :)

If he has stopped doing it then it means he was faking it at the start

0|0
    0|0
  • lol @ being a gentleman. I'll treat you well if I like you, but I wouldn't ever call myself a gentleman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy maybe he don't care maybe he don't thinks it's worth anymore have u spoken to him about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, we quit being gentlemen because we know you hate nice guys.

0|1
    1|0
  • Blame the me-too movement

0|0
    0|0
  • No, we notice when a woman won't stop whining.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep whining

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate to say this but... We men are only gentleman at the beginning of dating or a relationship because we are trying to get the girl to fall in love with us or have sex with her.

Once we have you, we just want to f*** you every day but all that lovey dovey romantic stuff we couldn't give a sh*t about in reality, it's just a tool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a gentleman is effort, I’d imagine it happened slowly, he tested what he could get away with until you’re left with his true self

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Someone who is true gentleman does not change. It is not like a button. Turn on and off. He was faking it then he showed his real face.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes