🤷🏻‍♀️How can I tell if my guy friend is into me romantically?

-He text me to meet up for coffee 2x a week.
-He’s expressed that he wants me to go to him when I’m sad, upset, etc because he feels like my "friends and man" are doing a good job.
-He knows I don’t eat much, and will text me to eat (not all the time. Just when I cancel on him)
-Has told me “I’ve always cared about you” when I was upset with him once.
- He’s tells me everything and trust me to the fullest. Heck he even gives me his phone and I read all his text. (I never ask for it, he just shows me)
-He gets my opinion before he makes any major decisions

MIXED Behavior:
-He used to be very flirty/touchy-but stopped cold turkey oneday
-Will bring up hot chicks
-Brough up one girl, and said he'd probably go for her if she was single-----but then said "i'm not pursuing her nor am I hung up on her"

He has 0 experience with women. Never had a girlfriend. Been on 2 dates.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I get the impression he has romantic feelings for you - even with the recent change. Which, might be his coy approach to getting you to tell him, "No! Pick me instead!" It's a goofy approach but I have seen it.

As for the going through his phone thing... it's a strange boundry to cross like men going through their girlfriend's purse. I have never so much as gone through a girlfriend's diary/journal when she left it on the bed. Either you trust them or you don't. 'Proving' trust never made anyone trust anyone more.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Oh I don’t just grab his phone lol. It’s more of someone text him, even chicks flirting he will give me his phone to read all the text. I never go through it. Nor does he with mine

And really? I feel like he has to want her. Did you read the other replies with talking about her?

• Show All
    • 7d

Hmmm. ok. Well thank you. Again, appreciate your view. :)

• 7d

You bet. No problem.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I could be wrong as I cannot say I am too experienced in these things.

But I really do not see anything that would suggest that he has romantic feelings for you, it seems more like he thinks of you as a close friend that he trusts.

That is my impression at least, but as I have said, I could be wrong.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

YAY!!! lol Finally someone who thinks he only likes me as a friend. Everyone on here thinks he's in love with me lol
      PS - Here is a recent convo. about that one chick.

Him- I saw Kim today
      Me- what are you going to do about her
      Him- nothing lol
      Me- then why bring her up several times during the years
      Him- mmmm Because I’ve always kept you updated on things in my life. And we’ve discussed her before so it’s just a update that I saw her.
      Me- hmmm. Come on How do you really feel?
      Him- nothing
      Me- are you sure?
      Him- I’m not perusing her. we’re friends. If she’d be single then I’d probably go for it. But she’s not
      Me- seeee I knew it! Lol
      Him- I’m not hung up on her. I’m not worried about it
      Me- mmmhmmm *smiles*

Not sure if he’s into her or not... even thought guys usually mean what they say...

• Show All
    • 7d

Welp, thanks for your opinion. I have sooo many various opinions its hard to know whats what. lol

• 7d

You are welcome, I just hope everything works out well for you both.😊

• Mixed behavior is just his way of sparing himself from a rebuke on your part. Based upon what you have typed, the answer to "my guy friend is into me romantically?" is --- YES.

0|0
    0|0
    • Mmmm maybe so.

Here is a recent convo. about a chick.

Him- I saw Kim today
      Him- nothing lol
      Him- mmmm Because I’ve always kept you updated on things in my life. And we’ve discussed her before so it’s just a update that I saw her.
      Him- nothing
      Me- are you sure?
      Him- I’m not perusing her. we’re friends. If she’d be single then I’d probably go for it. But she’s not
      Me- seeee I knew it! Lol
      Me- mmmhmmm *smiles*

Not sure if he’s into her or not?

• Show All
    • NO, IT ISN'T CONFUSING!

Do you want him as a lover?

If yes, reach out and touch him, nay, grab him. He may go into shock at first, but if you *really* want him, he is yours.

If no, then just leave well enough alone and he will stay in his (your) nice little friend zone.

• It’s confusing because he likes her but says he’s not hung up on her. But if a guys talking about another girl to me- that’s friend zone stuff.

And I can’t go for him yet because I’m in a relationship (were breaking up but it’s not officially done yet)

• There is something there he is looking for you to give him a clear sign that he should make a move

0|0
    0|0
    • Mmmm maybe so.

Him- I saw Kim today
      Him- nothing lol
      Him- nothing
      Me- are you sure?
      Me- seeee I knew it! Lol
      Me- mmmhmmm *smiles*

Not sure if he’s into her or not? 😫

• Seems like he is fishing for you to give a definitive opinion one way or the other. Your responses kinda just leave it vague to him. If you want him to make a move say something negative about her or him choosing her or ask about why he is into her, or say what makes her so great, why do you wanna get with her

• It’s sooo confusing. And this was my best effort to gain more info on how he felt. In the moment I tried to dig asking what he was goin to do and push that he’s into her. But his replies only confused me more.

But you still think he’s into me?

• That is some hot-cold behavior

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Right?

Him- I saw Kim today
      Him- nothing lol
      Him- nothing
      Me- are you sure?
      Me- seeee I knew it! Lol
      Me- mmmhmmm *smiles*

Not sure if he’s into her or not... even thought guys usually mean what they say...

• Show All
    • 7d

Yeah, I don't know, he does tell me about EVERY details of his day. lol Literally about any person he sees, what drink he had for breakfast, everything lol. So maybe he brought her up because he saw her, and like he said "i tell you about all the aspects of my life" ... but... I don't know... guys typically don't bring up girls just to do it.

THanks so much for your help. I have a lot of different answers and opinions. I think I'll just go to him and ask him to be honest.

• 7d

You're very welcome, good luck

Recommended myTakes