Guys, is this really how you think of us?

I’m quite disappointed how some men think of us [gamer girls] like that. The gaming community is a sexist battlefield.

Hear me out, I’ve been gaming my whole life, starting with a PlayStation (PS) 1 then PS2 where I played God of War and Def Jam. PS3 where I first started to play Assassins Creed and Modern Warfare 2. I still play PS4, haven’t been playing much but I use to be addicted to Advanced Warfare (I was in one of the top teams and had an average kill of 25+ in every team death-match. I was on the last gold prestige. I’m pretty skilled.
I went on to play PC Games too, Allods Online, played Assassins creed 2 (w. Ezio), Warcraft but Minecraft was my least favourite. Even Habbo.

I do not have the slightest interest in showing myself off on Steam/Twitch. I take my pride in games seriously, just like any other gamer. I wouldn’t want to make a joke out of myself out there. That’s what made me so skilled.

Guys, is this really how you think of us?
  • Guys, is this really how you think of us?Perception 1.
    Vote A
  • Guys, is this really how you think of us?Perception 2.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I've been playing my whole life too for about 18 years now. I have several games where I have spent several thousand hours. Yet I don't define myself as a gamer. Gaming is just something I enjoy but it's not who I am. I kinda cringe when someone calls themselves a gamer and girls often want to do this, maybe it's to feel included and part of something.

I can agree that the gaming community is pretty sexist but I think if there were more girls it would go down. Right now encountering a girl is like spotting a unicorn. You also become easy targets to pick on which gamers do always. Gaming communities are always toxic and I've been told to kill myself more times than I can count. So I think when they target girls it automatically becomes sexist.

About girls not being able to be gamers is kinda a meme and those who actually think so are pretty retarded. You should look at "Sweet_Anita" one of few genuine "gamer" girls on twitch, there are probably more but they aren't popular because no tits or ass showing I guess.

I'm kinda tired and not sure I'm answering anything but don't let those people get to you. Just enjoy playing and try to have fun. Who cares if you are a "gamer' or not. Just play and have fun it's the most important. Personally gaming has been excellent as a competitive outlet. Becoming good at something and putting in the hours and destroying people is such s good feeling.

1|0
    0|0
    • I do agree on that, gaming is really good but when you’re not taken serious and you’re thought of as every other girl who’s in their panties pretending to play CoD to get views and money.
      That’s all I’m saying, that’s how they see us.

• Show All
    • Yup they have.
      Thanks for understand :)!

• Just continue playing :) don't let them get under your skin that will just feed them. I meet so many toxic people playing it's ridiculous I try my best to ignore them.

• I really do not get the term "gamer girl", to me, you are a gamer.

But that aside, I do not think it is right trying to lump you in with those types of women, but not all men will treat you like that, I for one, am happy to see a young lady who enjoys playing higher tier video games as well.

The men who try to liken you to those types of women are usually the "players" who try to bed every woman they come across.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sorry gamers* but I thought it was best to stay specific. I’m guessing ‘gamer girls’ is referred to twitch girls.

But thank you, you understand. It can get frustrating, it’s like someone telling you you’re shit at gaming. I’m quite the opposite.

Thanks dude

• Show All
    • Thankyouuuuu but it’s gone quiet thankfully 😂

• I am glad to hear that.😄

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like the term "gamer girl" for exact this reason. I am a gamer. I do not feel the need to gender it.

1|2
    0|0
    • Oh let me just,
      ‘girls-who-game’* is that good?

• Show All
    • by the way you’re right about the gamer girl thing. I just realised that guys refer gamer girls to those twitch hoes who make us look bad.

But yeah I just added ‘girls’ at the end to be specific. Thanks anyway!

• Yea, same thing happened to the mmorpg I was playing aswell. I log in there like once a year just to look at my characters and feel nostalgic xD
      I'm glad that you understood what I meant :) you're welcome

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Then just play video games like everyone else and quit the bullshit feminism propaganda. No one stops you from playing games. You don't need to be recognized as a girl to join a server and you’re not going to get kicked if your name is something like hellokittyunicorns. Just don't suck or spoil everyone else’s fun and relaxation time by nagging guys that are just trying to blow off some steam with their friends.

1|1
    0|0
    • Dude what have you been smoking? Don’t go that deep it’s got nothing remotely do with feminism. Damn.

• Show All
    • Just because some girls do something and get disrespect, doesn’t mean it is directed at everyone that has a vagina. Don’t take it personal.

• Yeah I understand your point.
      I never go on mic, never showed my face or body but get lumped with those twitch girls anyway. That’s why I got frustrated. It’s like someone telling you you’re shit at gaming even though you’re on top.

Anyway didn’t mean to add the ‘girl’ to the gaming, just wanted to be specific. That was all, just made a little mistake and should’ve used the correct term.

• Yeah, some guys think that, but their perception is based off of what they see. Hoes will hoe, no matter what the activity. There are a lot of women really into firearms, hunting, and sport shooting. They're often overshadowed by what are referred to as "gun bunnies," or rather hoes hoe-ing, but with guns. I'm sure their in the minority of women, but they're the loudest and the most seen. Why? Because they're hoes, and hoes are going to hoe.

Hoes ruin shit for everyone.

1|0
    0|0
    • You’re right they do ruin shit for other people

• Hoe's and Bro's, douching it up since long before the term even existed.

• You’re good 👌🏽

• No.

But i`m not gonna pretend that there aren`t those type of Egirls on twitch and what not that are half naked just to bring in views, and its working so they know what they`re doing. lol. There really are those.

But then there are also those that aren`t.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I know they exist (ffs) but I hate to be put into the same category.

• I know what you mean. I know how frustrating it is for gamer girls. You have dude that really don`t know how to behave once they found out a girl is on the team or the girl that`s playing is a girl. Its like they`ve never seen or heard of a girl before.

• The good thing is, I love proving them wrong. And then they rage 😂

• Yes yes you play this and that...
    And yet you're not indicative of a pattern. I would very much like to see your other social media profiles and see how much you don't like to show off your cute face to your thousands of thirsty followers who are willing to throw you some beta bucks.

0|1
    2|0
    • Absolutely irrelevant to my point.

• I don't see you as hoes but I also think girls try way too hard and want so bad to be known as gamers and for what reason I have no idea I used to play Halo 3 nonstop it was my favorite Xbox game of all time and girls were more like Halo 3 groupies than gamers

1|0
    0|0
    • What I’ve realised today is that ‘gamer girls’ is actually those twitch hoes.
      I’m just a gamer but I do get hate cause some people presume me as those kind ^

But thanks for your opinion!
      Hoes ruin shit for everyone.

• Show All
    • Lucky him. Don’t you have to be really good though?

• I guess but he just plays games on there and people watch and somehow he gets paid

• You sounds like a casual gamer, don't see why you care. Just enjoy your games. As a gamedev I've looked into the communities quite a bit and my general conclusion is that people treat you based on how you act. If you show of your body, yeap, they'll treat you like an attention seeker, even if that was not your intention. Then again, there's a lot of female streamers that don't get those reactions because they actually put gameplay first.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I am I don’t show my face or anything , i don’t even tell guys I’m a girl. Never talk on mic either cause I’m afraid of getting hate. It’s really easy to be targeted.

Anyway all thanks to those twitch hoes we’ve got a shitty reputation 🤷🏻‍♀️

• They're not all thots, girls like pokimane do pretty well ^^

• I have never genuinely made a distinction between gamers, so long as they are sincere.
    The problem is that people think "gamer" means you can just play one or two video games and be an expert.
    In high school, I knew quite a few girls who would claim to be "gamer girls", and the only games they have played were Fortnite and Roblox.
    Reading one or two books—especially of the same genre—does not make you a bookworm, so the same applies to any other medium. It doesn't matter how many times you read those books, because you are not getting a varied experience.
    Those same gamer girls had no idea what Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy, the Souls series, or even what Metroid was.
    In my opinion, you need to have a well-rounded repertoire to be considered a gamer:
    1. An action game, be it straight-up or an ARPG. Like any, really (God of War, Souls, Monster Hunter, etc).
    2. A traditional RPG (SMT, FF, Pokemon, etc).
    3. A shooter (TF2, Overwatch, Warframe, etc).
    4. A Metroidvania (Metroid, Castlevania, Hollow Knight, etc).
    5. An MMO (WoW, Allods (might I mention how much respect I have for you playing Allods), Guild Wars, etc).
    6. A fighting game (Street Fighter, Tekken, Skullgirls, etc).
    7. Tactics & Strategy, turn-based or not (Civ, Fire Emblem, Starcraft/Warcraft, etc).
    8. A social simulation (Persona, The Sims, Animal Crossing, etc).
    Once somebody has immersed themselves in 3 or 4 of those, I believe they qualify as a gamer.
    Another possible issue is that "gamer" nowadays is implied to mean "online gamer". Most "gamer girls" are seen playing multiplayer online games on their Twitch streams, because you don't get publicity or exposure to others in a single-player game. The problem here is that robust stories and worlds almost exclusively exist in single-player games.

TL;DR: I just view people as people—revolutionary idea, I know—so the same applies to gamers. However, I look down on those who claim they are a gamer when truly, they have only just scratched the ice, with no real intention to go beyond. Variety is key to being a gamer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well the first girl looks hot and the 2nd looks frustrated. It's great that you game! Have fun gaming.

1|0
    0|0
    • The first one only does it to get attention. I don’t game in my panties or whatever guy’s think lol.
      But thanks 👌🏽

• Gamer girls most definitely exist and I know a lot of them

1|0
    0|1
    • Yeah same here but those twitch girls ruined it for us real gamers

• Show All
    • Yeah I your point. I understand. That’s how it is in the gaming community (unfortunately) cause of those girls who play video-games naked.

• yea, because no guy has ever played games in his underwear.

• Why do you bother so much?

Just enjoy gaming.

Guys don't call themselves 'Gamer Boys'.

Now quit whining.

0|1
    0|0
    • Girls-who-game* better?

• Show All
    • So being specific over who gets backlash in the gaming community suddenly me makes beg for attention. Great logic.

• Okay I just realised that guys refer gamer girls to those twitch girls. Didn’t mean that.

• Not at all, I actually prefer playing games with girls. It's more fun for some reason.

1|0
    0|1
    • I like killing them over and over and over.

• Show All
    • I like killing them because they cry, and inevitably some chump white knights. So then he has to be dealt with. And then you get to make TWO bitches cry.

• You didn’t answer my question.

• I don't play video games, but I do watch cartoons. My son plays Minecraft, and he's really good.

1|0
    0|0
    • What cartoons do you watch? 😊

• Everything from old Warner Brothers cartoons (Bugs Bunny) to a lot of modern shows.

• I generally dont like it when people put their gender in the title of their hobby. It adds no value.

1|0
    0|0
    • Neither do I? Yet it’s still a sexist community. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• I am studying to be a massage therapist, I must constantly battle preconceived notions of being a rapist and being a pervert. This doesn't stop me from doing what I want to do.

• Hm good point ☝🏻

• No, there's 2 types like your poll. There's ones that do it for attention and then there's ones who are serious, much like yourself as you have mentioned, and a childhood friend I grew up with, you can't throw all into a category just because of the ones on twitch

0|0
    0|0
  • You look like the type I want flying the F16 in real combat. maybe you'll be doing that behind a terminal with drones in the future?

I have no idea what you are really talking about, I played games (early versions) and playstation games. Its fun, and has dopamine addicting qualities... danger. I can say this, some girls I played painball with were downright lethal! If I'm fighting, I want men around me and women back in support doing logistics as their multi tasking mind is superior at that. games... I've seen girls play really well.

0|0
    0|0
  • no only satly virgins with a micro 1" inch dick think this way lmfao 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

0|0
    0|1
  • I won't take the bate that you don't know what trolling is you troll.

0|0
    0|0
    • How is trolling when I’m frustrated to be put in the same category as those ‘twitch hoes’

• Hey. Why are you "slut shaming" them twitch women? BAD

It is pretty clear that the guy you quoted was taking the piss. He was baiting. I don't believe that you can't tell he is joking if you have been around online gaming communities for a long time.

• Nah he wasn’t baiting, it wasn’t one message. There were 30x messages over the same thing. That’s not a joke, mate. That’s someone trying to get their point across.

• If your in my game being a girl isn't gonna save you 😀

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah.

1|0
    0|0
  • what are the two perceptions?

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted perception 2

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither i imagine some 200 to 300lb. chick that never goes out and sees the light of day. But i think it's in most men's nature to see perception 1 because men just fantasize a lot. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Can I look up their skirts?

0|1
    1|0
    • Let me just advise you to not do that in real. Heard there’s a law passed by that’s to be set after April 2019.
      Goodluck.

• Show All
    • I don’t care if it’s boring.

• Why are the shorts they wear under skirts usually black coloured shorts?

• Well what do expect when a girl enters a male domain i had a few girls admit that they do it for the attention they even said they sorta like the harassment cause its still attention that they weren't getting before

0|1
    0|0
    • Well that’s not how we all are, I’m just there cause enjoy playing video games. Like I always did.

• It is what it is you're not gonna change people you can't expect people to change just cause its you

• Nah, why would they? We live in a gullible world.

Recommended myTakes