Guys, is this really how you think of us?

I’m quite disappointed how some men think of us [gamer girls] like that. The gaming community is a sexist battlefield.

Hear me out, I’ve been gaming my whole life, starting with a PlayStation (PS) 1 then PS2 where I played God of War and Def Jam. PS3 where I first started to play Assassins Creed and Modern Warfare 2. I still play PS4, haven’t been playing much but I use to be addicted to Advanced Warfare (I was in one of the top teams and had an average kill of 25+ in every team death-match. I was on the last gold prestige. I’m pretty skilled.
I went on to play PC Games too, Allods Online, played Assassins creed 2 (w. Ezio), Warcraft but Minecraft was my least favourite. Even Habbo.

I do not have the slightest interest in showing myself off on Steam/Twitch. I take my pride in games seriously, just like any other gamer. I wouldn’t want to make a joke out of myself out there. That’s what made me so skilled.

• Guys, is this really how you think of us?Perception 1.
  • Guys, is this really how you think of us?Perception 2.

225

Most Helpful Guys

• I've been playing my whole life too for about 18 years now. I have several games where I have spent several thousand hours. Yet I don't define myself as a gamer. Gaming is just something I enjoy but it's not who I am. I kinda cringe when someone calls themselves a gamer and girls often want to do this, maybe it's to feel included and part of something.

I can agree that the gaming community is pretty sexist but I think if there were more girls it would go down. Right now encountering a girl is like spotting a unicorn. You also become easy targets to pick on which gamers do always. Gaming communities are always toxic and I've been told to kill myself more times than I can count. So I think when they target girls it automatically becomes sexist.

About girls not being able to be gamers is kinda a meme and those who actually think so are pretty retarded. You should look at "Sweet_Anita" one of few genuine "gamer" girls on twitch, there are probably more but they aren't popular because no tits or ass showing I guess.

I'm kinda tired and not sure I'm answering anything but don't let those people get to you. Just enjoy playing and try to have fun. Who cares if you are a "gamer' or not. Just play and have fun it's the most important. Personally gaming has been excellent as a competitive outlet. Becoming good at something and putting in the hours and destroying people is such s good feeling.

• I do agree on that, gaming is really good but when you’re not taken serious and you’re thought of as every other girl who’s in their panties pretending to play CoD to get views and money.
      That’s all I’m saying, that’s how they see us.

• Yup they have.
      Thanks for understand :)!

• Just continue playing :) don't let them get under your skin that will just feed them. I meet so many toxic people playing it's ridiculous I try my best to ignore them.

• I really do not get the term "gamer girl", to me, you are a gamer.

But that aside, I do not think it is right trying to lump you in with those types of women, but not all men will treat you like that, I for one, am happy to see a young lady who enjoys playing higher tier video games as well.

The men who try to liken you to those types of women are usually the "players" who try to bed every woman they come across.

• Sorry gamers* but I thought it was best to stay specific. I’m guessing ‘gamer girls’ is referred to twitch girls.

But thank you, you understand. It can get frustrating, it’s like someone telling you you’re shit at gaming. I’m quite the opposite.

Thanks dude

• Thankyouuuuu but it’s gone quiet thankfully 😂

• I am glad to hear that.😄

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like the term "gamer girl" for exact this reason. I am a gamer. I do not feel the need to gender it.

• Oh let me just,
      ‘girls-who-game’* is that good?

• by the way you’re right about the gamer girl thing. I just realised that guys refer gamer girls to those twitch hoes who make us look bad.

But yeah I just added ‘girls’ at the end to be specific. Thanks anyway!

• Yea, same thing happened to the mmorpg I was playing aswell. I log in there like once a year just to look at my characters and feel nostalgic xD
      I'm glad that you understood what I meant :) you're welcome