Guys would you ever leave behind some of your friends for a girl?

Say if you really liked a girl and she like you back but not some of your friends for reasonable reasons would you distance yourself from them for her.

Say if you had some minor friends who she found were loud, inappropriate, immature, rude and, ignorant and she believed that it would interfere with the relationship and she gave you the choice to distance yourself away from them or be with her which one would you choose?
Updates:
I went out last night clubbing and bumped into him and some other guys I work with. I was dancing with this random guy at the time, he tried to kiss me, I didn't want to kiss him back because I was nervous, so I lied and gave him a kiss on the cheek and told him my friends were leaving so I had to go.

This guy I don't like to much told me, if he sees that guy try it on with me again, he'd knock his lights out as he's a fboy. It's not the first time he's felt the need to protect me from men

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• No. NEVER give up your friends. EVER. You NEED to have your friends, regardless of any romantic relationships. Period.
    Both genders need their same-sex friends. For a lot of reasons that we can go into if you like. Just know that you should never give up yours and never expect your love to give up theirs. EVER.

0|0
    0|0
    • But I don't believe these guys are really good friends to him, if they really cared about him they wouldn't think it was funny to get him extremely drunk to the point he's coming home in the early morning being sick everywere and smoking and also disrespecting woman close to him.

• WTF? His friends did NOT DO this to him - he CHOSE it. Let's be real clear about that.

If you don't like the way your guy is or how he treats you then dump him and find one you do. Period.

• No i wouldn't, thats nuts.
    But your scenario is unrealistic. If my girlfriend wouldn't get along with any of my friends, i dont have to distance myself from them. Its just that we can't hang out all together

0|0
    0|0
    • But say if she thought they were encouraging a unhealthy lifestyle on him, like smoking and excessive drinking etc and she was worried about it would you still hang around with them even if she was comfortable with it

• Show All
    • Now it sounds like he's too insecure to draw a line.

• Definitely

Most Helpful Girl

• If i really liked the guy and say a relationship with him, yes, i would leave behind a minor loud friend.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That's strictly a judgement call. Don't get me wrong when you are married she is your best friend she comes before anyone. But dating is a vetting process and some women ask you to choose between friends and her because the want the best for you and see them having a negative impact on you and that's good. but some do it out of petty jealousy and that's bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl and what friends and her reasons. I dont have a single friend who does bad stuff. But I wouldn't ever have some little immature shit as a friend or well I wouldn't see him as a friend so i wouldn't habe a problem with distancinf myself from him.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. At best, I'd go out with them without her and never force her to see them.
    But in the end, it's MY friends, and I'm the one who get to decide if I see them or not.
    Unless there is a good reason for that, and I mean another reason that "I don't like them", she has no say on who I'm friend with, and same goes for here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's see, getting a girlfriend is REALLY hard, getting friends is pretty easy!
    My girlfriend loves me and fucks me, my friends tolerate me.
    Yes, I'd leave my friends for my girlfriend.

0|0
    0|1
  • Are you trying to get us to say “bros before hoes”? 😂

Close friends come before the girl unless it’s a committed relationship. Even then I’m reluctant as I’d want her to accept and tolerate my buds.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can think what you want, but when a girl likes a guy, really likes him, she's going to want to be a part of his life and his friends that were before her should be apart of that package. It's even better when his friends like you just as much as they like him.

• @TrunksSS34U2003 True. and the girl who want to control his access to friends... well we usually say he’s “whipped” 😂

• Bros before anyone else is my policy. I can trust them an we are real close. It's the same when I tell them. So...

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless there's a very good reason for it then no. If she just plain doesn't like my friends and doesn't even bother trying to make an effort with them, then she's gotta go. I knew my friends before her, and they'll be the ones who are there after her.

On the other hand, if the friend is crossing boundaries (i. e. trying to get in her pants) or is being disrespectful to her for no good reason, then they are also disrespecting me. Knowing my closest friends they would never be openly disrespectful to any girl I date unless there was a VERY good reason for it, and if they didn't think she was good for me they would certainly not hold back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not intentionally, but the nature of my current relationship kind of forced my hand in that regard. My pre-girlfriend's sister had a pretty horrible relationship and then break up with my childhood friend (a relationship that really didn't have any business happening anyway, he didn't even attend my University). The break up was so bad that it actually destroyed my friendship with the sister.

He then (not realizing that she and I are talking) has repeatedly voiced his desire to "bang her out." He is absolutely the kind of person who would sabotage me to sleep with her, but here's the thing; if she wanted to bang or even talk with him, she would, but she doesn't want to, so she doesn't...

My Pre-GF is a very attractive woman, and there is no doubt that she has that effect on men a lot... I just don't want to expose her to that crap from him. Most importantly, I don't want to risk my relationship with her by having her see this not-so-great part of my past.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would choose her if I was a guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't suggest interfering with a partner's friendships as to who they can and cannot be friends with because this just makes it look like you want control over a partner.

If someone is having an unhealthy lifestyle or they're making bad choices, then that's on them, not their friends. Regardless if they encourage it or not, that person can always say no.

I'd suggest talking to your partner about how you're concerned about their lifestyle, and that you want to seem them do well and lead a healthy one.

If they can't seem to create a healthy lifestyle or can't look after themselves even after discussions and it's having an impact on you. Then leave, you may want what's best for them, but you also need what's best for yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I would. But only if I could really see it going somewhere with the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely

0|0
    0|1
  • Most of my guy friends did exactly that

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave behind as to cut them off? No.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not necessarily cut them off, I'd still want him to talk with them and be friendly just not as close as he is with them now and not going out at night with them anymore

• Many renounce to certain activities once they start a relationship, is normal, obviously, you're not gonna leave one side your SO only to be with your friends 24/7. A balance will be needed.

• Nope. I would never do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • not my truly great 1s

0|0
    0|0
  • I have before and I regretted it, never again

0|0
    0|0
  • Friends are for like love interests come and go

0|0
    0|0