Why do many guys hate the feminist movement?

1350

Most Helpful Guys

• Most people don't hate feminism; they hate 3rd wave feminism.

Equality is great, and most people are all for it. It's the toxic man haters that call themselves "feminists" that are the issue. They are the ones that want more than their share, by either taking rights away from men, or asking for special priviledges, simply because they're female.

Those women have not only hijacked feminism, simply by being louder, and more vocal, but they've ruined it, as well. Being female doesn't make someone better than a male (which is what they claim, and/want), because it should make them equal to a male. It's stopped being about equality, and has become a crusade of superiority, instead.

• 5d

"Most people don't hate feminism; they hate 3rd wave feminism."

This is a myth, Feminism has always been like it is now. The only thing that has changed is more people being aware of it now than in the past thanks to the internet.

• Cause a lot of feminists are getting the wrong idea of this movement. Instead of making everything equal between women and men, they are spreading the idea that women do not need men and society should be run by women. Women need men and men need women we should have equal opportunities to take on positions. Thats it.

Most Helpful Girl

• One general reason why not only men but majority of women do not support feminists, is due to that feminism/femimists have now changed from their original definition/objective.
    Lots of modern feminists wants equal rights yes, but only in some situations which in all honesty is plain rubbish.

The original meaning of feminism is just wanting equality in all fields. Regardless of literally anything. Gender should not be considered.

• 6d

Gender should not have been considered when picking the name.

Its hypocritical bullshit like that on top of a long laundry list of problems.

• 6d

@ranger32 Exactly young sir. You are correct.