Does he like me?

Okay, so, there’s this guy that I’m really good friends with, but I feel like I’ve been getting so more than friendly vibes from him, but I’m not sure. We’ve been hanging out a lot one on one and we text a lot too and we talk about a lot of personal things with each other. He’s also told me he’s never really met anyone like me and he thought our other friend was going to be the one that really understood him but it was really me. He always listens to me and understands me, but at the same time I feel like he cares about my friend more as he’s mentioned a few times how he wished she could have hung out with us, but then he talks to me later about the problems he has with her. I’m just really confused and thought I’d seek out some advice.
2d
Update: Since the last time I wrote that, he’s called me a few times, once we even called each other until for 7 hours until it reached 4 in the morning, talking about all sorts of topics, like school and hobbies and random stuff like that, but then we also started talking about relationships. We were both expressing what we wanted to do in the future, having very similar goals, and even had similar ways of looking at how we want a relationship. He even brought up once how he doesn’t understand-
2d
Update continued: -why girls friendzone guys that are there for them, and I wasn’t sure if he was trying to tell me something to not. But at the same time of all this, he also said two girls had already confessed to him in the past, and he turned them down because he wasn’t looking for a relationship at the time, so he has me very confused. Thoughts?

02