Are men really not interested in women unless they can get sex from them?

That’s basically one of the main themes I’ve gathered from peoples opinione here on GAG.
True or false guys? Do you agree or not?

(I’ve not put it to a vote because I wanted to discern any age differences between opinions).

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yep. Otherwise, I would have been married a LONG time ago. I had a lot of guys tell me no guy would want me if I refuse premarital sex before marriage. It's sick. They call women whores but whore themselves. There are very few men, however, who isn't about sex and would treat you right and do RIGHT by you. But 80% or more, is this.

2|1
    0|0
  • True. But for clarity I want to put emphasis on the not interested in women part. Meaning we won't do anything romantic with someone we can't have sex with.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

So do you do the romance because you actually like her for more than just sex or not? Because that sounds to me like you’d say not.

• Show All
    • 4d

This is 100% true. Some men (or women) will do whatever it takes to get what they want from you.

• 4d

And there in lies the dilemma

• Maybe at my age it's different, but I am willing to wait quite a while before having sex with a girl, I tend to be more interested in romantic stuff. Though, that stereotype does seem to ring true in the majority of cases. Of course, there is a reason why straight men only date women, that being that they need sexual aspects in a relationship as well. I hope this helped.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sorry, I don't agree. In fact, we should stop generalizing men that way.

1|1
    0|0
    • 4d

You’re under no obligation to agree, just debate respectfully.

• 4d

Also I’ve never generalised men that way personally. This is just in response to many opinion ms of GUYS I’ve read here shockingly.

• That's not true, i personally seek for love than marriage and sex...

1|0
    0|0
  • Define "get sex from them".
    Physical intimacy as an essential part of a healthy relationship, no matter how you look at it.
    And if a healthy relationship is something you can't provide, then yes, very few people will take you up on your offer.

1|0
    1|0
  • Yes that is true. There are other things we want also but if there is no sex involved then it's just not worth the time and effort.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

So basically all men want from women is sex? I don’t understand how if you love someone you can’t put forth effort first to try and win them over without any guarantee, or simply enjoy a friendship with a woman you respect? Why are women not likeable enough for that just because they don’t provide sex? It just seems ridiculous and incredibly self centred to me.

• Show All
    • 4d

It’s as a little test to see your response. Fair points. But the last one isn’t going to happen unless you’re both prepared to take a risk and give to see what you get in return.

• 4d

It was*

• For the most part, it’s true. Most men will not want to entertain you if you refuse to give them sex.

1|0
    0|0
  • For the most part.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Why?

• Show All
    • 4d

*male*

• 4d

You may view them as family but I doubt they do. Thats not to say they don't care about you, its just that most men aren't that way. Most single men would sleep with their female friends if the chance ever arose. Sex doesn't have to be an emotional act for most men. It can just be a fun activity. If a woman has 0 sexual appeal to me then I don't see any real need to go out of my way to talk to her. The old saying that men think with their dicks is true to an extent and I can see why women are afraid of getting used for sex. However, sex is just one part. I would never chase a woman just to get laid, its a part, but its also because I really like her as well.

• Only women believe that.

1|0
    1|0
  • Not true

1|0
    0|0
  • For a lot of us that's true.

0|0
    0|0
  • men and women have different needs you women act all high and mighty and you think if guys dont think or act like you do that means guys are broken and need to fixed nooooo fuck off Tell me im wrong

1|0
    2|0
    • 4d

Some youngsters do, not all, and rarely mature adults.

Recommended myTakes