How do I politely tell this guy I'm not comfortable conversing via text?

This guy invited me for lunch. Now the thing is, I don't mind going as it's just lunch.

However if I go he could show his friends and it would leave room for doubt as to whether it was a date etc.

1415

Most Helpful Girls

• You tell him politely. There is no easy way of going about it. It's lunch. It's not a date. If it's a date, he should tell you. I don't know what is wrong with people and adults anymore with communicating. Be direct with him. if yous so shy and scared, maybe not communicate with people you don't trust and act like an adult with.

• he texts, you say... id rather talk in person im not a big texter

on the other hand, you seem like you are way overthinking this. If you are concerned with what people will think then seems like texting is the best way to go cuz there can be no doubt about whats going on?

Most Helpful Guys

• No, it's not 'just lunch', it's a date, but you can call it anything you want.
    You just politely say to call you instead of texting.
    What does having lunch have to do with texting?

And finally, don't do lunch if you're not interested in the guy - it's just leading him on.

• you seem intimidated by a simple lunch invite... clearly he should by himself and enjoy the company of like minded people... as for you, consider eating in your cubicle or where it is you feel safe and precious