Guys would you divorce your wife if she became unattractive?

Would you divorce your wife if she became unattractive?
Would you divorce your wife if she became unattractive?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When you love someone for life even at their worst they never become unattractive.

5|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @That1tallguy. Not all attraction is physical. Yes you can lose the physical attraction but most attraction at least to me is emotional and mental. As long as you still love the person an attraction is always there. That's why older people who start to lose their younger physical attraction don't say, "f'ck you. You're to wrinkley now!" Lol!

Now personally I wouldn't allow my partner to lose so much respect for their body to get that sickly overweight. I would encourage them before they got to that point to not give up on themselves like that. As far as a lazy eye. I doubt they can help that and would not make a difference.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If I marry a girl, I must truly love this woman and I mean deeply. So I would love my wife no matter what, for the most part. She gets bigger, gets a few pimples, wears oversized clothes only, or dons the dreadful bun everyday all day... I'm still all in because my love transcends beyond physical beauty BUT, if we're talking bad hygiene, yellow teeth, bad odor, food stained clothes, stuff like that... then yeah I think I would have to.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think if she got bad hygiene, that’s a huge sign of depression. That’s a pretty bad reason to divorce someone considering the whole “in sickness and in health”

• No that would make me a serious hypocrite.

If I married a woman I'd stay true to what I said at the ceremony.

"To death do us part" I'm not leaving her, if she was a great wife she still would be a great wife even after the change.

Yes, my marriage criteria is very harsh but that's only because I see it as an infinitely strong bond, it's supposed to be strong from beginning to end.

2|0
    0|0
  • Attractiveness is just the cover of the book. It's what's inside that counts. By the time a guy is in marriage they (should) be well beyond looks mattering.

2|1
    0|0
  • Well black women usually look like crap regardless. I wouldn't know the difference so probably not.
    ~Mr Bails Extraordinaire

1|0
    0|0
  • No.
    By unattractive i assume you mean overweight. I'd have conversations about a healthy lifestyle. If she refused to eat healthy and be active then maybe i'd consider walking away, but only because thats not the sort of person i'd want to be with

0|0
    0|0
  • Men rarely ever get divorce, it like75% of women file for divorce

1|1
    0|0
    • Really didn't know that? Why is that

• Another thing to keep in mind is how many women initiate the divorce after the husband cheated.

That would be a case of the man no longer wanting to be with his wife but not formally filing for divorce.

The flip side is women will marry someone, divorce them knowing the court system will bend over backwards to ensure the wife, kids if applicable, are taken care of; even if the husband is left with very little.

• Well Janet Jackson got divorce after 5 years of marriage to a billionaire and got half his assets so the reason why women get divorce boils down to, because they can and it benefits them in the long run

• If I really loved her, then no I wouldn't.. Whether it was because she got a little fat, or she didn't age well, or she got into a horrible accident.. I would be there for her..

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not even shallow enough to really see them as unattractive.

If their personality deteriorates, that's what matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • As if men were genetically engineered to avoid age and bad appearance

There are still bald guys alive, right?🤔🤔

2|1
    0|1
    • Yeah, and women divorce them usually. Not because they are bald but because of some mysterious "I lost feelings for him" reason.

• Show All
    • You are right that men are cowards for divorce. Actually often people are not even married and a guy will just not break up no matter how bad it is.

• I am familiar with the ••Male breakup behavior••, yes... just like everything else they lack balls to do when it's hard...

They make us bitches do.🤣🤣

• If you’re gonna divorce someone just for not being as attractive anymore why marry them in the first place? No one stays young and perfect forever so everyone knows it’ll happen one day

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Getting married is a life long promise. However if I saw a behavior pattern or some reason that either physically or emotionally she was less connected to the relationship I would talk to her about it and see what’s going on. I would remind her about the years and memories I am still looking forward to and see what path we can walk together to achieve our couple goals. I believe that focusing on God and keeping her a priority in my life even if the excitement dwindles at some point we can work together to spark it again.

1|0
    0|1
  • No , if she started to let herself go to the point where she didn't really care about herself , i would try to help her and support her , when you love someone looks aren't really what matters anymore you love the person from the inside , we all get old and lose our looks from aging, we put on weight, we get wrinkles but our hearts are still the same, so if someone divorced you cuz of looks then they really werent in love with you , they were selfish and only really cared about themselves , marriage is supposed to be a team and removing selfishness is what makes Love grow

3|0
    0|0
  • I'll be honest and say yes (conditionally) but attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder. If she gains weight so what we all do. To me part (and a big part) of why i find a woman attractive is that she is working on herself and her goals.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your been with her for a long time, You art as good looking as you first were and she dident leave you, So man up and give her a big hug and kiss her long time, hold her is close and tell her you love her and lets work this out..

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, that’s hard to see because you see her everyday
    ... it would be a slow process... i don’t see how someone can just become ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage is never about beauty of sex appeal it's about how to do to you connect and if you still the same person inside you must still love her and I would say it's a very shallow human being divorces because of looks you married her because of the human being she was even though even if she was attractive at the time that's only lasts for the bit at the beginning of relationship once that is over you start to get to know the real person inside and when you become intimatethat's when you fall in love

1|0
    0|0
  • no i chose her for better or worse in sickness in health besides if i loved her enough to marry her it goes with the territory.

1|0
    0|0
  • That would be really disgusting. If a guy did that he wasn't married to you in the first place, he was married to your looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. The marital vows aren't just bullshit and marriages aren't just dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's something I would never do. If you want to see some change, talk to her but don't leave her. For her, you might be everything she has. Think about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • 😂😂
    I dont know how wifes becomes unattractive in looks.
    Marriage isn't that easy to get into and get out whenever.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she becomes unattractive as a person. Absolutely!

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. If it's a case of 2 years and +150 pounds with no sign regret then probably yes. If it's 30 years and she is now an old lady then no.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they just fade a little in looks, no. If they throw on an extra 50, cut off their hair, and stop caring how they look. Yes. There’s a limit.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends if she doesn't take care of herself and don't listen to me when i tell her to eat healthy , that's a deal breaker

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I would. She'd become unattractive by doing certain things, like giving her body to another man.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would divorce them if they didn’t want to do anything about improving their appearance

0|0
    0|0
  • She should be beautiful by heart not by outer look you know it's anyways temporary

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, to marry a different girl. But I will keep my first wife around as well

0|0
    0|0
  • No. A good woman is a good woman. The grass is not always greener

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would l want to do that l wish l had a wife or at least a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol i wouldn't marry a girl only because she's attractive so no.

0|0
    0|0
  • No of course but how do people become unattractive 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely

0|1
    2|0
  • No because she might leave my ugly ass as well

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you consider unattractive?

1|0
    0|0
  • If they do, they are assholes

1|0
    0|0
  • No I would probably stop taking her places though

0|1
    4|0
  • No...

1|0
    0|0
  • SEND HER TO THE RANCH! LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage is for ever better or worse

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends...

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell No!!! Only women and boys are that shallow!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never do that

0|0
    0|0
  • Never ever..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, why should I do that

0|0
    0|0
  • Love the one your with!

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably the same likelihood that she'd divorce me if I became layed off and struggled to earn her spending money...

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes