Is his concern for me more than that of an work acquaintance-friend?

There's this guy who I'm working with - he's been actively taking on more than he should for the project deal we're working on. He says he's concerned as he doesn't want me to be screwed over just because others we are working with cannot pull their own weight. He helps without me asking and then tells me he's doing so I would have less on my plate / be less high-strung.

His schedule is more intense than mine or most within the team but he's the responsible type who is really good at prioritzing. He was working a lot in the week as he was going away for the weekend and said he would not be able to get much done. But he still told me to hit him up if I need help?
  • Yes that's more than friendly
  • He is just being nice

01