Do guys really like the chase?

I personally don't get it. I read it here all the time as justification for us to lose interest in a girl when we know she likes us. Or as a reason for girls to play hard to get.

I don't care about the chase at all. There must be some effort in both parts, if I feel like I am the only one, quote unquote chasing, I will stop having interest on that girl on the spot. Do you know that girl that moderately flirts with you, but doesn't want anything? Why would a guy make an effort for someone he feel's doesn't want him and is just playing?

About losing interest when we know girls are interested. This is the best part! The fun begins now! Why would a guy lose interest after that? I really have no idea.

Maybe it's just me. How do you guys feel about this?

Do guys really like the chase?
6d
Most girls say that guys do enjoy the chase. Probably because they had guys lose interest if they don't play a little hard to get.

On the other hand most guys say they don't like the chase. Because they feel they are just being played with.

So girls will drag things along to make sure he is what they want and that he wants them, but if they do it too much guys will lose interest to avoid being messed with.

2751

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, the girls I lost interest in like that tended to be the ones who were being flaky, either playing hard to get or just not putting in any effort expecting me to chase. Or, she became interested but I simply lost interest. It never had anything to do with her showing interest.

If I was single and she didn't show much interest, I'd talk to other girls at the same time. Inevitably one of those girls would end up showing more interest than she did and I'd choose her instead.

One time for example I dated a girl, the first date went pretty well I thought. But then she wouldn't give me a straight answer when I asked her out again, she took longer to reply to texts, I'd be the first one to text and she'd be the first to stop texting me so I figured she wasn't that interested. I got talking to another girl, went on a date with her in the week and at the end of the date she asked me out again that weekend. Why would I choose the other one who doesn't seem to be that bothered when this one is? Anyway, the girl I was with tagged me in a picture and the other girl went mad. I think maybe she was thinking along the same lines as some girls here but it backfired.

• 7d

You legitimatly contradicted yourself in the first paragraph... last 2 sentences.

• 7d

To me sounds like the 2nd girl was easy.. i guess i enjoy the push/pull. Guys who show too much interest in my opinion seem too good to be true, hence the games. I have sensed this before and it was proven to be true. I think the games help protect us, not to mention show us the guy is willing to go lengths for you. I dont see someone being too easy beneficial for either side

• 7d

@SexyAshh

I don't think that showing interest necessarily makes someone easy. Sometimes it means they just don't play games. I think that this is why it backfires, focusing on the wrong things. I mean I can understand why you'd do that to avoid guys who want to hit it and quit it, but it's more about the character of the person than the games they play in the initial dating stage that matters.

In my experience for example there are women, and I've had female friends admit this, who when they're single meet a few hot guys and end up having sex with them the same night, maybe having something casual with them. Then when they go to meet a guy they see as being boyfriend material they pretend that they never do that, that they only have sex within relationships, they play a completely different game and make him wait.

If he judges her only based on the fact that she made him wait for sex, perhaps made him work hard to get her, and therefore thinks that this means she's a decent girl, he's a fool. Any girl can do that, does that mean that she's actually of any value? Often she isn't, these are the girls who continuously get pumped and dumped. So that shouldn't be the way you judge people because it's not that which keeps someone around anyway, like I said it's their character. Nobody stays together for years because the other made them chase, they stay because they love the person, spending time with them etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally don't get it either, and hate the chase as well. I personally don't feel comfortable in a relationship until we have the first argument ๐Ÿ˜‚ then it feels real and I can relax a bit.

From my understanding though, some guys need the chase ๐Ÿคท it's like a psychological thing, whereby they place value in a girl based on how hard it was to "get her". The easier she is to get, their subconscious feels that perhaps they could have worked harder and so she must not be worth it. Or if she's super hard to get (i. e emotionally, physically, commitment wise) she's a worthy catch because if he can get her then it was an achievement of some sort. This is why emotionally unavailable females, or as guys like to call them "girls with an edge" or "tough girls" are an appeal because the guys feel like they have to break her walls down to get close.

But I think this has something to do with the attachment theory. These guys prolly have had mothers that have acted distant and so they expect girls to be that way, and haven't grown out of the behaviour of seeking the approval of a distant female (whether mother or partner).

• 5d

I personally don't like the chase. I might do the chasing some times but very rarely. If I don't feel or see some sort of mutual attraction or desire, I would not bother continuing to pursuit. And contrary to what people tend to say, I appreciate girls who have the guts to ask me out because of less drama and accusations. And I also find that when a girl asks me out for some reason they become even more attractive. Some men may not like it, but I definitely do.