If a guy started to always responds to your snapchat stories does he like you? why hasn't he asked me out?

i added him on snapchat first, he added me back instantly but never reached out. a few weeks later i reached out to him w a stupid question to break the ice and ever since he initiates convo all the time. he will always reply to my stories, send me vids of our fave tv show, send me selfies 🤤, or just make normal convo. my friend who has had him added for a few years told me that he has responded to her story a few times all with me in them when he used to never talk to her at all. we’ve hung out once before because i was out w a friend and asked him to come. i plan on being straight up w him n telling him i like him soon. good idea or no?
2
2