Should I bring this up with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 months and we usually see each other twice a week - once during the week and once at the weekend. This weekend is busy as we have parties to go to on Friday and Saturday and I am taking him out for his birthday on Sunday. He sort of jokingly said it might be a bit much and that he might need some time for himself but now he has actually said that he will stay at mine on Friday before going home in the morning and that I can come to his in the afternoon so we can go to the party together. I will then stay at his before he goes off for a bike ride on Sunday morning leaving me to do my own thing before we go out to celebrate his birthday.

This is making me feel like he doesn't really want to spend time with me. To be honest I am feeling a little rejected and am tempted to tell him to go to the parties on his own if spending time with me is so bad but I can't tell if I'm being unreasonable or not. Do you think I should bring it up with him? Could it be just that he likes his own company and needs a bit of 'me' time? Our relationship is good apart from this...
1
1