What do guys think when we make stupid mistakes?

So, I just got my car to college a couple days ago (I'm a college junior), and haven't really driven around here. I finally got out today, and ended up stuck for minute because my lane ended and I hadn't seen the warning. Stupid mistake, but whatever. I'm learning the area.

I have this friend who just got his car here too. He asked me to go with him for directions, and so I was like sure. Well we get to *what I thought* was the area, and I tell him what happened, and was like "I'd get over when you can." This is a two lane, double solid line road. The boy gets over. Right then. I'm not paying much attention, and didn't realize it at first. It finally clicked and I was about to say something when he sees another car. So basically, I accidentally told him to get in the absolute wrong lane, it was dark and I was thrown off so it wasn't even the right spot, and then I apologized and so basically I ended up taking all the blame, when as much of my fault as it was, he shoulda friggin' looked and noticed that it was pretty freakin weird place to do that, and also highly illegal.

After that though, I would think I'm an idiot and never ride with me anywhere. Any chance he'll somehow forget about that anytime soon?

*Side note, in no way shape or form do I like this guy as anything more than a friend.
1
1