Guys, Do you ever take an ex back?

I was talking to this guy for over a year and we had some issues and although I thought we were going to work on them, all of a sudden he just stopped talking to me. When I tried to talk to him he said that he doesn’t care anymore and moved on. And that he once cared but not anymore. I kept blaming myself but I tried talking to him about it for months and he never responded to the issue. I’m having a hard time recently. I didn’t want to give up on us so I sent him a message and he said I was seeking attention and that he was annoyed by my sappy long texts. As I write this, I don’t even see why I’d miss him because he’s so rude. Right now he has me blocked on Instagram meanwhile he has all his exes and even one that doesn’t even follow him back. I just don’t know why I’m being shunned and when I asked him he said that I was a great person but I “did him dirty” when I didn’t do anything to him and I spent 6 months trying to fix and mend us when there are people who wouldn’t even care to put effort. Some days I feel like this is good but others I miss him and wonder if he’s coming back. I doubt he is but I don't know if it’s actually common to have a guy take back his ex
Guys, Do you ever take an ex back?
Add Opinion