Does it look weird that I hide my scars? Am I right to hide them or my ex wanting me to show them off?

StormCOGy
I'm a gardener. I get the occasional cut. But some have scarred. Recently I showed pictures of my Hogweed burns over my body. People kept asking me about them, friends, family, strangers and such.

I've grown very self conscious of this and it's taken a lot of confidence away from me. I now wear long sleeves and wear a face scarf wherever I go in public. Embarrassingly mum puts make up over my scars on my face.

Covered up nobody asks me anything which I'm happy for. But my girlfriend currently left me due to it getting in the way of our relationship as I don't want to leave without it. So if my ex right that I should show my scars or am I right to hide them?
0
2