How can you tell the difference if a guy likes you, or he just wanna be friends with you?

If you know a guy for a month, and he told you he thinks you are really smart and being nice to you, brought you the drinks when you two went to a dance, and invited you to hang out with his friends, but he never asks you out, and respond slowly online (but always nice), does he like you or just wanna be normal friends?
He likes you
He's just being nice
GirlGuy
13 d
most people suggest just ask him…of course if I have the courage to ask him I wouldn't be here, lol (I think I am quite shy on this, and currently I think we are good friends at least, so afraid once if I asked, I will ruin our relationship)
Also, he is a christain and I am an atheist, not sure if this is the part that should be mentioned…
12
6