He said that he doesn't usually date people he works with, is that a line? Or is there a chance?

I have liked this coworker of mine for several months. We work at a gym, he is a personal trainer and I am in sales. He is only scheduled twice a week but he comes in to train outside clients almost every day.
I should probably note that he just went through a divorce and has three kids, which I don't mind at all.
A while ago some of my friends at work were letting it slip to him that I liked him and so when everyone was talking about it, we decided to sit down and discuss it. I plainly said "Hey, I like you. I told a couple people who told a couple people and it became a big thing. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." He responded saying "It's ok, it just seemed like everyone was talking to me about it. I think you are very pretty and very sweet but I usually don't date people that I work with. Plus I just got out of my nine year relationship." The conversation was very relaxed and I felt that it went well.
However, he did take a personal trainer at another club out on a date. And, another personal trainer who works one day a week, he was asking if she had a boyfriend.
So I am confused... does he not want to date a coworker that he sees more than once a week? Or is it just me? We are both really in to fitness, he has complimented me, we actually have a lot in common. And he even said to me that I would be a good mom. What is the deal?
3
2