Lord of the Rings fans: could you help me decode a compliment?

Anonymous
I am talking to a really amazing guy, even though we don't know each other really well, but we have this great connection throughout every topic we talk about, except he is a massive fantasy fan and I am not. So Lord of the Rings kind of talks are not something I have much clue about. After talking endlessly about life and our values here's what he said: you are truly a human with a great soul. I can see you walking through Rivendell's corridors. You actually look like an elf... That's one of the best compliments I can give to someone so no offense.

Please LOTR fans, help me out what in the world does it mean? He got quite shy after that and changed the topic without much explanation, but this saying stayed with me as I have found it so mysterious and absolutely no idea what was that all about, and google doesn't offer much of the info. Any ideas?
5
2