Is it natural for guys to be on cloud nine in the start of a relationship but then later on cool down?

bxtterflytattoo
All my previous questions are all about the same guy. So I feel like it's time I use a code name or something without sounding confusing. Let's call him Hyde. Hyde and I started talking as friends through Instagram. Because I didn't have my notifications on at the time, I would reply back to him whenever I could, but almost everyday we would text throughout the day too! Later on, he finally gave me his phone number and we started texting a lot more through iMessages. It was down from there that we told each other that we like each other, and our conversations didn't change, we still texted each other a lot, and I never payed attention to when he replied back or read my message. I literally would just reply back as soon as I saw that he messaged me. Lately, I couldn't help but notice that he's been taking longer to reply back. He doesn't leave me on read, he has never done that ever. But it's just that I feel like his messages are going back to when we were just friends. He still sends kissy emojis to me from time to time when he messages me. But it seems like he went from cloud nine to back down to earth. Is this a normal guy and girl thing?
3
0