I caught my boyfriend lying and he suggested we shouldn't speak for a few days?

Anonymous
A few months ago, my LDR boyfriend had this event and he signed up to a lot of activities, including a dancing performance. TBH I didn't feel comfortable with the idea because it was a couples dance and this was our thing (he wanted to have his first couples dance with me). We had a few arguments about that and he told me he gave up on the presentation. I asked him if this was what he really wanted to do or not, he assured me he didn't mind, he just wanted to forget about those fights and be happy with me.
Suddenly today I saw a video on the internet of him during that same performance he told me he gave up. I sent him te link and waited. At first he told me it was a rehearsal, then he said it was one unofficial primary performance and that he gave up on the main performance. Then after talking for a bit he suggested we should stop talking for a few days because he couldn't face me and he thought it would be better for me. What does it mean? What should I do?
3
1