Why would a man get mad that you're quiet?

Anonymous
I grew up with domestic violence in my household. I think that made me become a quiet person because I always felt like I was walking on eggshells, trying to avoid upsetting the abusive person in my household. My first serious boyfriend was also abusive. No amount of counseling has been able to help me not feel the same fear and sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, whenever I am around someone who exhibits the same behavior as both the abusive person from my childhood and my ex boyfriend. I can't stand when people yell at me, especially when they're drinking alcohol. My current boyfriend came home in a bad mood and started yelling and cussing at me. He smelled like he'd been drinking. I went downstairs because I didn't want to be around that when I didn't even do or say anything to cause him to do that. I was reading a book and he came down there and started yelling at me for being too quiet. I'm an introvert. We've been together for 2 years. I'm no different than I was before. He has been snapping at me lately over the dumbest things.
Why would a man get mad that you're quiet?
Add Opinion