Is it an emotional boost? is it unhealthy to help him? does he keep me around until he finds someone else?

Cmoreins
There's a guy from another state I would see once a month for a few months. We were hanging out getting to know each other (there was an interest on both ends) and then he 'broke it off." He said we could be friends at one point. Months later he texts me, and since then he'll text me once a month sharing troubles or a deep thought that's been on his mind. He doesn't ask how I'm doing or anything about my life. I asked why he shares with me and he said that he values my thoughts and likes different opinions. He does share his problems with a couple other people. I have three questions from this. 1) is he just wanting an emotional boost from me, and/or does he actually care to come to me because he values my opinion? and 2) even if this is one-sided, is it unhealthy to try to help him when he could go elsewhere? and 3) do you think he's keeping me around until he finds someone else?
9
0