Is it possible to be in love and not trying write back immediately?

Anonymous
I have my notifications turned on only for him, so that i can reply to his texts immediately, without making him wait for me even for several minutes. I'm enthusiastic doing that, it makes me happy to make him my first "go-to" person. It comes naturally for me.
I feel sad, because he usually replies in 5-10 minutes, he asked me to do that, because it seems more comfortable to him. He asked for that in January. But he does not seem engaging, he's just responding, and I feel kind of... sad. Lately. We're in LDR, and it makes it more difficult. Sometimes I question if he feels the same. But i know it may not be the reason - I may be so stupid thinking that...
I just want to know - Is it possible to be in love and not trying write back immediately?
It's kind of difficult for me to imagine that, because when i'm in love, I'm very enthusiastic and thrilled. I don't mean I am impulsive or something, it just feels like I make a priority, by texting him immediately... I also lack the feeling of engagement... Please don't judge me for that, I judge myself enough... I just need a perspective.
Updates:
1 mo
Also, I'm a full time student, I do VERY well in academics, so i'm not free at all. I can pause my work for minutes to reply to him, or just take time to explain i will write him back after i'll finish my assignments. The thing that bothers me is that, he can go without telling everything without any reason
Is it possible to be in love and not trying write back immediately?
Add Opinion