Is it possible to be in love and not trying write back immediately?

Anonymous
I have my notifications turned on only for him, so that i can reply to his texts immediately, without making him wait for me even for several minutes. I'm enthusiastic doing that, it makes me happy to make him my first "go-to" person. It comes naturally for me.
I feel sad, because he usually replies in 5-10 minutes, he asked me to do that, because it seems more comfortable to him. He asked for that in January. But he does not seem engaging, he's just responding, and I feel kind of... sad. Lately. We're in LDR, and it makes it more difficult. Sometimes I question if he feels the same. But i know it may not be the reason - I may be so stupid thinking that...
I just want to know - Is it possible to be in love and not trying write back immediately?
It's kind of difficult for me to imagine that, because when i'm in love, I'm very enthusiastic and thrilled. I don't mean I am impulsive or something, it just feels like I make a priority, by texting him immediately... I also lack the feeling of engagement... Please don't judge me for that, I judge myself enough... I just need a perspective.
1 mo
Also, I'm a full time student, I do VERY well in academics, so i'm not free at all. I can pause my work for minutes to reply to him, or just take time to explain i will write him back after i'll finish my assignments. The thing that bothers me is that, he can go without telling everything without any reason
3
2