Boyfriend said he's getting a tattoo with my name on it. would it be wrong to talk him out of it?

Anonymous
no, this isn't because we're going to break up someday. i dont plan on giving up what we both have, but why do I feel like stopping him from doing this is the right thing to do? I know tattoos can be covered or something if a person wants to get rid of it but still. he has zero tattoo on his body right now. my name will be his first tattoo if he ever goes through with it. maybe somehow i feel like he's going to regret it (even though we're still together), and then maybe end up blaming me.

he said he's getting it a few days from now from his cousin who's a tattoo artist. he's planning on having it on a body part where it can be seen easily. I asked him if he's sure he wants to do it and told him that getting a tattoo is pretty serious (especially as his first time). then he swore that he's certain about it. he probably plans on getting other tattoos some time in the future.

I don't know if im overthinking this.
talk him out of it
let him do it
other
Vote C
GirlGuy
1 mo
I didn't make it obvious to him that I might be against it because I dont want to offend him.
1 mo
I just told him and I think he's upset but is trying not to making it obvious. fuck me
3
2