Can men & women be just friends?

Anonymous
I dont understand what is up with man.. i have a friendship with a dude for like 4 or 5 years, completely friends. I am in a relationship and he is in a relationship. Nice guy always polite never rude never sexual. Well now since im laid off this guy starts texting me here and there. Ok no biggie. Then out of no where he takes it to a completely different level. A level that i dont even understand. One that completely changes my opinion of him. I dont know how to react. I want to be just friends. I dont want anything else. I can't tell my fiancee because im afraid, i dont want aNy drama. I dont know how he would react. I need to handle this myself but its a awkward situation. This man is someone that i have to see because he is a customer where i work. Im afraid to be rude to him. I can't speak my mind because if i do im worried of his reaction.. he makes me feel uncomfortable. I just want him to go back to the way he use to be. Im not interested in sexting or him sexting me. The whole thing makes me sick. I just dont understand why men do this or why women do this? I need advice.
Can men & women be just friends?
Add Opinion