I asked a guy if we could have a chat and how he’s avoiding me. Will he ever come back?

Anonymous
This guy had been interested in me for a whole year. We began dating before lockdown, then didn't really see each other for a bit due to lockdown but kept in touch. When lockdown got eased, we started seeing each other properly and things progressed into a physical relationship.
I asked him if we could have a chat (the reason being i wanted to find out if this was purely physical to him, as we live in the same apartment complex i dont wanna get hurt), he agreed, then cancelled at the last min before he knew what i wanted to chat about.
I then messaged to say what it was I wanted to discuss. He has not replied and is avoiding me by the look of it.
Things were going well before this.
3
1